LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Terra Grappler G2

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2018, 08:34 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Terra Grappler G2

Anyone running the Terra Grappler G2’s? Found a number of old post with good reviews on the original grapplers. Looking at a set in 265/60R18XL. From the other posts I’ve read I shouldn’t have any problems with rubbing, even in Access height at that size.

Old 11-09-2018, 09:08 AM
Drifting

In case anyone is interested. Ended up getting the tires through tirebuyer.com. With all the discounts it ended up being about 155 per tire + install. Free shipping if sent to one of their installers. So picked the closest one which happened to be a Firestone. During the install I got "Whelp we found an Issue” call. They told me that my front pads were real low. To replace them, plus sensor and to “resurface” the rotors would be just shy of $400. Told them thanks but no thanks.

Once i I picked it up I took it to my Indy to look at. He said yeah they are low but that is what the sensor is for, plus you would hear an issue as well. Also let me know that my rotors can’t be resurfaced. Here I was ready to give the Indy shop money to handle front breaks and he told me didn’t need it right now and to just call when I do and he will get me in.

Old 11-09-2018, 09:24 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by TennRover
In case anyone is interested. Ended up getting the tires through tirebuyer.com. With all the discounts it ended up being about 155 per tire + install. Free shipping if sent to one of their installers. So picked the closest one which happened to be a Firestone. During the install I got "Whelp we found an Issue” call. They told me that my front pads were real low. To replace them, plus sensor and to “resurface” the rotors would be just shy of $400. Told them thanks but no thanks.

Once i I picked it up I took it to my Indy to look at. He said yeah they are low but that is what the sensor is for, plus you would hear an issue as well. Also let me know that my rotors can’t be resurfaced. Here I was ready to give the Indy shop money to handle front breaks and he told me didn’t need it right now and to just call when I do and he will get me in.
Do you have a picture of how they look?

Great to know that your Indy shop is trustworthy, and good to go!

Old 11-09-2018, 08:20 PM
Mudding
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

My son has these on his 4Runner. 63K miles and still quite a bit of tread left. We will likely buy him a new set of these in the spring. Impressive tread wear.

Old 11-09-2018, 10:05 PM
Drifting

I’ll try and get a picture posted. The tires come with a 65k mike warranty which is the most if found on AT tires. Used to AT tires from back when I had a Jeep and the highway noise could be pretty aweful. I ran them on the highway and not bad at all.