LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tires for ' 06 LR3 SE

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 06:53 AM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tires for ' 06 LR3 SE

I posted this in the tires forum but it doesn't look like many ppl post there so trying again here.

It's tire time. I have the stock Goodyear. Suggestions on a better tire? I have Wrangler HP 255/60/18s right now.

I saw in another thread someone mentioned 285/65/18s for a better ride and traction and in the Bridgestone tire

Old 12-20-2010, 07:11 AM
8th Gear

Ok so I looked at http://www.treadepot.com
these are the options.. any opinions/feedback would help

Looks like the Toyo PROXES STII have the best feedback and a good price per tire
Continental CONTI CROSSCONTACT LX
Pirelli SCORPION ZERO

and the Goodyears.. not a fan of them mine have literally chipped (hence the new tires) and not lasted long at all (especially for the price)

Old 12-20-2010, 11:18 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by geauxgirl
Ok so I looked at http://www.treadepot.com
these are the options.. any opinions/feedback would help

Looks like the Toyo PROXES STII have the best feedback and a good price per tire
Continental CONTI CROSSCONTACT LX
Pirelli SCORPION ZERO

and the Goodyears.. not a fan of them mine have literally chipped (hence the new tires) and not lasted long at all (especially for the price)
So that's sort of depressing looking at the pricing for the tires for the 18" wheel... I just bought tires for my 19" wheels and all of the options are much more expensive.

I did a lot of research for my tires and ended up with the Pirelli Scorpion ATRs, but the Scorpion Zeros have poor reviews from LR3 owners as our vehicle burns them very quickly. There are 2 reviews from LR3 owners for that tire on www.discounttiredirect.com that say they got 12k and 20k miles out of them. The ATR has a 50k treadlife warranty, but the Zero has no warranty.

Reading reviews on this forum, I've read good things about the Hankook Ventus AS. You can get them at www.discounttiredirect.com for $159 per tire shipped. They have a 65k mile warranty and a great user rating. Though, I have no personal experience with this tire. Don't think I'm pushing you to discount tire direct as I bought my tires from treadepot as they had the best price.

As for Toyo... my LR3 came with Toyo Open Country tires and the traction was awful in the rain and reviews reported no traction in the snow. I don't know much about the Proxes though.

Old 12-24-2010, 06:55 PM
8th Gear

I have the 19's - I bought Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snows - I've got about 5K miles on them by now - VERY GOOD TIRE - a nice hybrid tire between the ATR and the Zero's. I got them at Tirerack.com and had them put on at my local LR dealership.