LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trailer LED lights flashing

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2018, 07:21 PM
Mudding
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Are there any plug-play solutions here? Local RV shop sold me a 7-pin to 7-pin in-line adapter for this issue, however it didn't work on my LR3 (the guy said it was known to work on German cars however he had not tried a Land Rover).

We're taking off on a trip next week and I was hoping for something quicker than adding load resistors to each tail light. I stopped at 2 other RV shops as well as U-Haul, but so far nobody really knows much of anything about this.

Old 06-18-2018, 01:42 PM
Mudding
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by clarkritchie
Are there any plug-play solutions here? Local RV shop sold me a 7-pin to 7-pin in-line adapter for this issue, however it didn't work on my LR3 (the guy said it was known to work on German cars however he had not tried a Land Rover).

We're taking off on a trip next week and I was hoping for something quicker than adding load resistors to each tail light. I stopped at 2 other RV shops as well as U-Haul, but so far nobody really knows much of anything about this.
are you towing a trailer with LED lights or old school lights? It only blinks if you are towing trailers equipped with LEDs... If the motor's running im not sure if its blinking or not...

Old 06-18-2018, 03:56 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by wichipong
are you towing a trailer with LED lights
Yes, LEDs. I have the flicker.

My question is moot as I broke down and bought load resistors this morning after another adapter failed to solve the issue (same as before, packaging claims to work on mostly German cars).

Old 06-19-2018, 05:21 PM
Mudding

I got the load resistors installed. I DO have the trailer icon when my turn signals are on -- this is new. However, the LEDs still flicker when the brake is off.

Rereading this thread, I now see this suggestion in past posts:

To prevent the trailer lights from pulsing, you will want to install a set of relays. Doing so will prevent the vehicle-produced pulses from reaching the LED lights...simply not enough energy emitted to activate the relay.
I guess more work is required...

Last edited by clarkritchie; 06-19-2018 at 05:38 PM.
Old 11-19-2018, 08:39 AM
Super Moderator
Received 226 Likes on 196 Posts

Just towed our offroad trailer with the 05 lr3, it has led lights that flicker, spoke with army rover and was told on his the flicker will stop after a few minutes of shutting off the car, it did so realy it is more of an annoyance i guess
now i was not aware that there was a trailer mode lol
it never ceases to amaze me how land rover can over complicate and screw up such simple things lol
​​

Old 11-19-2018, 09:11 AM
Mudding

I had my local car stereo shop make this for me as per the wiring digram posted in this thread using a 6' extension cable. You can see that it simply goes in-line with the trailer.

I haven't used it yet, nor will I. I put incandescents on my trailer for the summer, and I've since decided to move on from the Land Rover brand. I will be posting this in the buy/sell forum here shortly.

Old 11-19-2018, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,464 Likes on 1,195 Posts

Originally Posted by TOM R
Just towed our offroad trailer with the 05 lr3, it has led lights that flicker, spoke with army rover and was told on his the flicker will stop after a few minutes of shutting off the car, it did so realy
​​
Sounds like some DiscoMike stuff right there lol.

Old 11-25-2019, 11:32 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have a link to the relays needed? I have the resisters..

Old 12-15-2020, 06:52 AM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excuse me, I use Wellmax light but I have a problem. Wired and installed these and everything works except no constant running lights. Brakes and blinkers working but that’s all. Any suggestions?
I also found the product I need in here: <!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}-->https://www.ridetheducksofseattle.co...hts/#more-1165

Last edited by Gary Roe; 01-03-2021 at 04:25 AM.
Old 04-20-2021, 11:33 AM
4wd Low
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Would it be simpler to just add some incandescent bulbs to the Circuit or rather than resistors and relays? What about replacing the LED tail lamps on the trailer with incandescent ones? Or leaving the LED but adding incandescent as well?

Quick Reply: Trailer LED lights flashing