LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey - result for the LR3

Old 03-09-2010, 10:04 PM
Drifting
Location: Mid-Alantic State, Tidewater Area - Chesapeake, VA.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll have another repair incident to report myself.

My CD Player has stopped working, period. Says it's on CD3 and give the error message CD ERROR. There in a cleaning CD in CD1 and nothing else in the 6 CD player. It had started to skip and stop playing CDs and I thought I could clean it. The Cleaning CD had run it's course and I hit EJECT....

Covered under warranty til September, so anything else that is going to break, needs to do it soon. It's a PITA to have to take it in to the dealer, but I want it fixed.
BJ

Old 03-11-2010, 06:44 AM
Winching
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my cd player went out as well no warrante sucks you cant realy put in an afermarket unit.
there was some fixes on disco3uk on that even a fuse to check but that is all I remember. I was going to try them but forgot until now.
here it is!
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic3...light=cd+eject

Last edited by drzjoint; 03-11-2010 at 06:56 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:19 PM
Drifting
Location: Mid-Alantic State, Tidewater Area - Chesapeake, VA.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drzjoint
my cd player went out as well no warrante sucks you cant realy put in an afermarket unit.
there was some fixes on disco3uk on that even a fuse to check but that is all I remember. I was going to try them but forgot until now.
here it is!
http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic3...light=cd+eject
fuse #53 behind the glovebox, remove for at least 1 min. Your presets will probably disappear too.

I still haven't tried it yet, forgot today, every time I was in the car multiple times running errands. I hope it works. Thanks.

Old 04-10-2010, 10:59 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just enhanced the related repair history survey so that it can (optionally) be used as a personal car maintenance record.

As always, more participants would be helpful. Updated Car Reliability Survey results in May, with a preview for participants in mid-April.

Car reliability research

Old 06-20-2010, 10:48 AM
Mudding

We have updated results for the LR3 to include owner experiences through March 31, 2010. In terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2006: 112

2005: 120

Both are worse than average. Small sample size for the 2005.

Everyone who has been helping, thank you once again. We'll have further updates in August and November. With more participants, we could provide more precise information and cover all model years.

Land Rover LR3 reliability comparisons

Old 09-08-2010, 10:46 AM
Mudding

We have again updated results for the LR3, to include owner experiences through June 30, 2010.

Other sources of car reliability information won't cover the more recent months until the summer or even fall of next year.

Repair frequencies, in terms of repair trips per 100 cars per year:

2006: 127

2005: 111

Both are worse than average. Small sample size for the 2005.

The new LR4 is doing much better so far, with a score of 39, which is nearly "better than average," but this is based on a small sample size. We'll have a more solid result for it with the next update.

Everyone who has been helping, thank you once again. We'll have further updates in November and February.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help:

Land Rover LR3 reliability comparisons

Old 11-24-2010, 11:14 AM
Mudding

Starting this month we have a new question to measure, as objectively as possible, the severity of a problem. Many people have been asking for reliability stats that weight problems by how severe they are, and once we have enough responses with the revised survey we'll start providing this.

Also this month: updated reliability stats.

As always, the more owners participate, the better the information we can provide to everyone.

Car reliability research

Old 02-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Mudding

We have again updated results for the LR3, to include owner experiences through September 30, 2010. Other sources of car reliability information won't cover the months since April until the summer or even fall.

2008: 94, worse than average, small sample size

2006: 119, worse than average

2005: 97, about average

The new LR4 is doing much better so far, with a score of 39, which is nearly "better than average," but this is based on a small sample size. We'll have a more solid result for it with the next update.

Everyone who has been helping, thank you once again. We'll have further updates in February and May.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help:

Land Rover LR3 reliability ratings and comparisons

Old 04-16-2011, 01:57 PM
Mudding

We have again updated results for the LR3, to include owner experiences through December 31, 2010. Other sources of car reliability information won't cover the months since last April until the summer or even fall of this year.

2008: 114, small sample size

2006: 123

2005: 126

All are worse than average.

The new LR4 is doing much better so far, with a score of 45, which is about average.

Everyone who has been helping, thank you once again. We'll have further updates in May and August.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help provide this information:

Old 07-31-2011, 01:28 PM
Mudding

We have updated our reliability stats for the LR3 to include owner experiences through March 31, 2011.

2008: 123, small sample size

2006: 111

2005: 124

All are worse than average.

The new LR4 is doing much better so far, with a score of 52, which is about average.

We'll have further updates in August and November. With more participants we could provide more precise results and cover all model years.

To see how competitors compare, and to sign up to help improve this information:

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: TrueDelta Vehicle Reliability Survey - result for the LR3