LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Voice Control System Beeps

Old 03-18-2009, 05:56 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Voice Control System Beeps

My new 2008 LR3 seems to have a bug in the Voice Control System. At times it works properly, but it often responds with a constant, high-pitched tone. For example, when I press the switch on the steering wheel, it is supposed to respond with a short tone and then wait for me to provide a spoken command. However, instead of a short tone, it often responds with a continuous high-pitched tone (ear-piercing, actually) and this tone continues until I press the switch again to cancel the voice input. It will continue to do this every time I try to use the system, until the car has been turned off for several hours. If I turn the car off for a short period (even for a couple hours) and then try again, the problem persists. But usually if it has been off overnight, then it will have a chance of working properly the next day (maybe). Any similar experiences? Do I need to tell the dealer to replace the whole module?

Old 03-18-2009, 09:56 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

generally you would tell the dealer to diagnose the problem, exspecially when you dont know what module you would want them to replace... do you have factory or acsessory fit bluetooth? if youre not sure, look at the rh side of the steering wheel, where the phone buttons are, on the very edge of those buttons can you see where it look like someone cut out a portion of the plastic for those buttons?