LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Washed engine compartment on LR3 now problems

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2012, 03:26 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HI

I'd like to say a MASSIVE thanks to you....we recently purchsed our L3 and my husband washed the engine compartment this morning only to then go out this afternoon and all the warning lights came on, then battery went dead and the hazard lights and locking system went mental! After reading your post we managed to find the problem and dried the components with my hairdryer! It worked wonders and all lights have now gone off etc....you saved us a fortune and your post was very helpful! Thank You

Old 02-19-2012, 07:45 PM
Mudding
Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hayleyg20
HI

I'd like to say a MASSIVE thanks to you....we recently purchsed our L3 and my husband washed the engine compartment this morning only to then go out this afternoon and all the warning lights came on, then battery went dead and the hazard lights and locking system went mental! After reading your post we managed to find the problem and dried the components with my hairdryer! It worked wonders and all lights have now gone off etc....you saved us a fortune and your post was very helpful! Thank You
Thanks for the thanks ! You made my day!

Old 11-11-2012, 11:36 AM
3rd Gear

Hi Xrover, I have exactly the same problem as you, the problem is that I'm not really good with cars and its really hard to find an honest and experience land rover mechanic, I understand you are in the LA area I live like 45 miles from LA and I just wonder if you know any one that can fix that for me I'm thinking on taking it to the dealer but looks like their not that good at Rovers either. Thanks and great tread.

Old 11-11-2012, 11:10 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by Piarapizza
Hi Xrover, I have exactly the same problem as you, the problem is that I'm not really good with cars and its really hard to find an honest and experience land rover mechanic, I understand you are in the LA area I live like 45 miles from LA and I just wonder if you know any one that can fix that for me I'm thinking on taking it to the dealer but looks like their not that good at Rovers either. Thanks and great tread.
I don't know any independent Land Rover service places. Where do you live?

Old 11-12-2012, 10:45 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Xrover
I don't know any independent Land Rover service places. Where do you live?
I live in Rancho Cucamonga about 45 minutes from downtown LA

Old 11-12-2012, 12:01 PM
Mudding

I have heard some good things about an independent Land Rover service facility in Sherman Oaks, CA.
Sherman Oaks Exclusive‎
4601 Van Nuys Boulevard
Sherman Oaks, CA 91403

(818) 986-1130

I don't have any personal experience with them and I am not recommending to you but just telling you about them.

I think Land Rover Anaheim Hills is your closest Certified Land Rover Dealer.
You might want to talk to them first. Usually the dealer charges a flat One Hour labor rate to diagnose your problem. Sometimes it might take them longer.

Your problem could be the same as mine or something totally different.

Is your car drivable?

Old 12-03-2015, 01:10 PM
8th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Glad I found this post after a 3 weeks of looking

I will not bore anyone with the details but my Trasfer Case Control Module on my 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged was corroded just like that because that black box was broken and not sealing it off properly. Mine actually got stuck in park as I backed out of my driveway and God knows how many other safety issues this could cause. It is a miracle no one has died from something tied to this issue. This should be a recall and every Land Rover owner should be reimbursed their money paid for this engineering error.

Old 12-03-2015, 01:15 PM
8th Gear
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To piggyback on my reply I posted my issue two weeks ago in this forum and got no responses. Anyone who owns a 2006 if you want to know the code to get into your touch screen computer diagnostic mode just send me a message. Thanks

Last edited by bikercrze1; 12-18-2015 at 08:05 AM. Reason: Typo
The following users liked this post:
KristainPa (05-26-2019)
Old 02-18-2016, 09:13 AM
1st Gear
Thumbs up Range Rover Sport 3.6 2009

Well described fault and excellent way of solving the problem
I have experienced exactly the same problem after washing my engine and followed the procedure by cleaning terminals contacts of the Transfer Module
Its working perfect now

Old 02-27-2016, 06:43 AM
8th Gear

This forum is an absolute necessity for any LR owner! I've found the cure to some many of the quirky issues that these trucks suffer with. Thank you!

Quick Reply: Washed engine compartment on LR3 now problems