LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your LR3 today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2021, 06:27 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 75 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex J
How is the passenger space on this VS the LR3? I almost got one of these when I was shopping for vehicles last year but couldn't find a supercharged one in my price range and the ones that were in my price seemed to sell before I could even message the seller. My wife complains about feeling cramped in the front, especially if our almost 4 year old is in his seat behind her so if these have more front passenger space I may do a swap as well.
I may be wrong but it feels like it's definitely wider than the LR3. Wider center console and the seats feel wider. Back seat has a lot more room. Overall much more comfortable with more plush seats.

Less flexibility in seating as it's a true 5 seater, no jump seats like the LR3 but I never used those anyways.

But 5 seats compared to 5 in the 3 much more room and comfort.

Old 12-12-2021, 04:01 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackngold77
I may be wrong but it feels like it's definitely wider than the LR3. Wider center console and the seats feel wider. Back seat has a lot more room. Overall much more comfortable with more plush seats.

Less flexibility in seating as it's a true 5 seater, no jump seats like the LR3 but I never used those anyways.

But 5 seats compared to 5 in the 3 much more room and comfort.
Thanks for the info. After we move in a few weeks I may look into getting one. Torn between having something to take off road or to the snow or going back to a BMW sedan like a 540 or 535i twin turbo.

Old 12-12-2021, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,521 Likes on 1,247 Posts

I would give a look at the supercharged LR322 with the 4.2 Jag, reliable and a lot of fun with the extra power on tap. The full size is great on the trail.

Old 12-12-2021, 07:15 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 221 Likes on 195 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyRover
I would give a look at the supercharged LR322 with the 4.2 Jag, reliable and a lot of fun with the extra power on tap. The full size is great on the trail.
Pity you guys didn't get the TDV8, heaps of torque and nearly double the fuel economy.

Old 12-12-2021, 07:23 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 75 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by loanrangie
Pity you guys didn't get the TDV8, heaps of torque and nearly double the fuel economy.
That's my biggest pet peeve with LR in the US. They never bring the diesels over here. I'd kill for a diesel LR3 or Disco 2

The following users liked this post:
loanrangie (12-13-2021)
Old 12-14-2021, 10:21 AM
Mudding
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Amadreas
Orange stuff. It’s the GM coolant that I was recommended to use from the mechanics.
picked up some prestone orage dexcool... thanks!

Old 12-17-2021, 12:30 PM
Mudding
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

learning more and more about the LR3 the more i google stuff,, apparently my 06 HSE comes with TPMS but i dont think it is either working or present... also learned that the rear cargo cover can be stored on the floor if its not in use.. still looking for pics about this one.. lol

Old 12-17-2021, 10:18 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by wichipong
learning more and more about the LR3 the more i google stuff,, apparently my 06 HSE comes with TPMS but i dont think it is either working or present... also learned that the rear cargo cover can be stored on the floor if its not in use.. still looking for pics about this one.. lol
Pretty common for the TPMS to be turned off as the control module for that system likes to fail. My first LR3 and my current one had the TPMS disabled before I got them. I'd like to find a deal on a rear cargo cover, would be nice to have another layer of security to hide stuff in the back.

Old 12-19-2021, 12:30 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 56 Likes on 43 Posts

Just had a local shop replace the battery, starter motor (rebuilt Denso 280-1002), front pinion seal and auto transmission cooler lines. At -32C I was not tackling any of this myself...

The following users liked this post:
bbyer (12-19-2021)
Old 12-19-2021, 12:51 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 144 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by enb54
Just had a local shop replace the battery, starter motor (rebuilt Denso 280-1002), front pinion seal and auto transmission cooler lines. At -32C I was not tackling any of this myself...
I noticed the reference to "front pinion seal". Sometimes leaking is caused by the front differential breather plugging up.
The fix is per the attached link and while I would not be doing it outside these days either, the task is fortunately a clean hands standing up sort of fix.
The breather cap is located near the rad fill tank a few inches rear of the grill.
The new breather does not cost very much either and if you showed your shop the pictures per my attached link, their labour charge may not be much - maybe even free considering they will learn something and you will have provided the part.
The front seal is very different from the rear which is effectively an open ended hose terminating up near the fuel filler.
The front differential breather has some Gore Tex material inside and that can over time plug up, hence pressure can build up within the differential leading to leaks.

https://www.disco3.co.uk/gallery/thu...hp?album=23952

Attached Files

Last edited by bbyer; 12-19-2021 at 12:59 PM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your LR3 today?