LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What do you think?

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2011, 10:29 PM
Winching
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What do you think?

Hello,
I have a disco 1 currently but would like a LR3 as well. What do you think?? There are 2 different lr3s an 05 and 06 which is better?
2005 Used Land Rover LR3 4dr Wgn SE at Willis Auto Campus Serving Des Moines, IA, IID 7644301
2006 Used Land Rover LR3 4dr V6 Wgn at Willis Auto Campus Serving Des Moines, IA, IID 7728487
Thanksss.

Old 10-06-2011, 10:50 PM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

Well, either should be large enough to haul the oil needed weekly by the Disco....

Old 10-06-2011, 11:12 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
Well, either should be large enough to haul the oil needed weekly by the Disco....
lol actually, My disco dose NOT eat oil. Thank God. KNOCK ON WOOD. I don't want to shoot my mouth of and then shoot myself in the foot. lol haha Are LR3's okay? Or are they like the LR2'S and have problems out the a$$??

Old 10-06-2011, 11:37 PM
Super Moderator
Received 83 Likes on 80 Posts

Not much help from here, we're still on the D1, and can't really afford any more toys right now, they eat too much time.

Old 10-08-2011, 02:23 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I just bought a LR3 and it is far superior to the Disco 2. Far more power in the 2.7d engine. 6 speed box is great too.
I would recommend to anyone.
Dont know if there is any change between 2005 and 06 model though.
Kato.

Old 10-08-2011, 11:36 PM
Winching

KATO,
I do believe one is a 2 owner and the other a 3. One had a lean against it but that is now taken care of according to the dealer. Obviously a 3 owner car, is kind of a odd ball one when you look at it only being 6 years old.. Agree? Same with 2 owners. Maybe I am just a hard a$$? But the last thing I want is another D I where I bought it being second owner and had to put a head job in with countless other issues. Its problem after problem... Now days I just wait for stuff to break before I worry about the tick, or the rattle... Its easier but more $$.. Don't even get me started about ticking lifters..............

Old 10-12-2011, 12:22 PM
Drifting

Hey
I bought my LR3 three and a half years ago. It was a 06 from California, I live in Vancouver BC. It had 27,000 miles on it, past 3 ½ years I put about 10,000 miles or so. No problems, other than an occasional headlight bulb, or new tires. No mechanical, no electrical. TOUCH WOOD I’ve been told that land rover’s are lemons, etc, but honestly had no problems. I know a couple people with 06, 7, 8 LR3’s and they also had no problems. I read on the forums that the biggest difference between the 05/6 is that the 025 was the first production year, and they had more bugs than the 06. Mine had two years factory warranty left on it, and I paid the $4,000 for the extended warranty, which covers everything except bulbs, brakes, etc. The lr3 has an emissions warranty for 7 years. Which covers mufflers, sensors inside the muffler etc? I didn’t know that, the guy at LR told me, saved me a grand! I would recommend the lr3, just get it inspected. Any other questions just reply to this post!
P.S. Mines a Lr3 se V6 And I didn’t by from dealership

Attached Thumbnails What do you think?-lr.jpg   What do you think?-lr-2.jpg  
Old 10-12-2011, 05:32 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by amkullar
Hey
I bought my LR3 three and a half years ago. It was a 06 from California, I live in Vancouver BC. It had 27,000 miles on it, past 3 ½ years I put about 10,000 miles or so. No problems, other than an occasional headlight bulb, or new tires. No mechanical, no electrical. TOUCH WOOD I’ve been told that land rover’s are lemons, etc, but honestly had no problems. I know a couple people with 06, 7, 8 LR3’s and they also had no problems. I read on the forums that the biggest difference between the 05/6 is that the 025 was the first production year, and they had more bugs than the 06. Mine had two years factory warranty left on it, and I paid the $4,000 for the extended warranty, which covers everything except bulbs, brakes, etc. The lr3 has an emissions warranty for 7 years. Which covers mufflers, sensors inside the muffler etc? I didn’t know that, the guy at LR told me, saved me a grand! I would recommend the lr3, just get it inspected. Any other questions just reply to this post!
P.S. Mines a Lr3 se V6 And I didn’t by from dealership
I went out and looked at both of them. They both have problems, imagine that... The 06 has a shot transmission. Apparently you can't even shift it? lol The 05 shakes when it is running.... Sounds to me like the piston is going to come through the side of the block. The dealer won't fix the issues so I don't want to deal with it......... If they would take 5000 off for the issues then sure but they won't. I will find one eventually that doesn't have any problems. Is yours for sale???? I would offer to buy......

Old 10-12-2011, 05:49 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by atancreti
I went out and looked at both of them. They both have problems, imagine that... The 06 has a shot transmission. Apparently you can't even shift it? lol The 05 shakes when it is running.... Sounds to me like the piston is going to come through the side of the block. The dealer won't fix the issues so I don't want to deal with it......... If they would take 5000 off for the issues then sure but they won't. I will find one eventually that doesn't have any problems. Is yours for sale???? I would offer to buy......
WOW tha sucks. mine isn't for sale lol Hope u find a good one!

Old 10-13-2011, 08:57 PM
Winching

Originally Posted by amkullar
WOW tha sucks. mine isn't for sale lol Hope u find a good one!
Are you sure yours isn't for sale? Lol

Quick Reply: What do you think?