LR3 Talk about the Land Rover LR3 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wheel allignment

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 07:00 PM
Drifting
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheel allignment

I went to Discount looking for new tires.

My reason is that the factory tires are VERY loud, like a true mud grip, when going down the road. My tires have 19000 miles on them, and i thought they may have a little value in them.

Anyway, when the saleperson at Discount went out to value my tires, hey said they were chopped up on the inside tread. he showed me and i agreed..that is also what is making them loud.

question:
I haven't hit any big holes, or been off-road, or anything other than driving on paved streets. What would make the wheels so far out of allignement? Is this a typical Rover problem?

With the vehicle under warranty, would this be covered? If not, can any place other than the dealer make the adjustments?

Old 12-31-2007, 07:38 AM
Drifting
Default RE: wheel allignment

My 06 LR3 had the same problem, and I just happened to mention it while at the dealer for another problem. When I mentioned it, they said they had some kind of program in place. Apparently, they have a new alignment setting now, and since I had done all the maintenance and paid for an alighnment from them in the past with the old setting, they said the factory would pay for 3 new tires if I paid for 1 and a new alignment. I think I had about 14K miles on the truck when this happened.

While I was a bit upset that that they would have kept quiet about this and let me buy a full new set of tires for this beast if I had not mentioned it while in for another service problem (like you, I had been to discount tires. I would have paid for a new set myself but was kind of surprised at how expensive tires were for this SUV and decided to hold off a few 1000 miles more), I did take them up on the deal. After 10K miles, I think the new setting is working well as I don't see any unusual wear on the new tires.

Old 12-31-2007, 08:47 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

we have had some lr3's come into our shop that have had the alignment out, new in the rear.
thay have come out with updated numbers for alignment spec. for the rear.
and a TIB also on tire wear.

Old 01-03-2008, 02:13 AM
Mudding

Problem with the LR tire replacement is they replace with same crappy tire. Just bite the bullet, and get a set of the Coopers Zeon LTZ's... Great offroad tire, and they are pretty quiet for an aggressive offroad tire.

Old 01-03-2008, 03:00 PM
Drifting

what is a TIB?

Should re-alignment be covered under warranty, or an out of pocket expense?

Old 01-04-2008, 06:51 PM
Drifting

Where did you get your Cooper Zeon LTZ tires? I can't find any in STD OEM sizes available anywhere for my 06 LR3 SE.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

TIB stand for technical infomation bulletin
TSB stand for technical service bulletin

Old 01-04-2008, 09:50 PM
Winching
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Tires out of alignment: Common problem in LR3's, specialy in earlier models before the TIB and new specs.

Good Year H/P Factory tires: TRASH, TRASH, TRASH. Did I mention useless?Get rid of them fast.

I had my LR3's allignment checked and adjusted very early on ownership and they found it to be off and corrected before it could cause any damage to my tires. I still got rid of the H/P's and have not had a single problem since. I know the price of a new set of tires on a new vehicle is a little stiff but it is the best decision ever made.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:29 AM
Mudding

Check at Discount Tire on the internet. They come in 285x60x18. That is the largest tire that will fit. It's a great on and offroad tire. Pretty quiet, considering the aggressive tread and they look great. LR3's look much better with the bigger tire.