LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

57K LR4 w/ original control arms & coolant piples?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2024, 05:45 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 57K LR4 w/ original control arms & coolant piples?

Hi everyone -
I need the hive wisdom to figure out whether the undercarriage rust on this car is a big deal, whether the control arms need replacing and whether the coolant pipes need replacing.

The car is on the other side of the country, and there's no way I can see it in person. The dealership is saying that all the above have been "serviced", are original and "fine".

Any advice you have would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Rachel

Old 06-03-2024, 06:47 PM
Drifting
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you buy it you would certainly do a cooling system refresh and the control arms. That mileage it would be coming up due on all that. Probably why it was sold or traded in.

What's the asking price? It should reflect accordingly to the maintenance it will need.

If your doing all that yourself using genuine rover parts it's not that expensive.

An independent rover shop will charge up to $4k for replacing hard cooling lines and water pump and hoses. Most of that is labor.

Old 06-03-2024, 06:58 PM
4wd High

Originally Posted by TheFixer
If you buy it you would certainly do a cooling system refresh and the control arms. That mileage it would be coming up due on all that. Probably why it was sold or traded in.

What's the asking price? It should reflect accordingly to the maintenance it will need.

If your doing all that yourself using genuine rover parts it's not that expensive.

An independent rover shop will charge up to $4k for replacing hard cooling lines and water pump and hoses. Most of that is labor.
Asking price is $35K. LUX model. But I can get warranty for another $5K that would cover up to 125K miles. Worth it?

Old 06-03-2024, 08:16 PM
Drifting

I would not pay that much. Kelly Blue Book for your model with that mileage is 19k. Those non factory warranties are garbage as well.

For the maintenance that needs done I would not pay more than 15k. That's the low trade in value for that.

The following users liked this post:
guy (06-04-2024)
Old 06-03-2024, 08:46 PM
4wd High

Originally Posted by TheFixer
I would not pay that much. Kelly Blue Book for your model with that mileage is 19k. Those non factory warranties are garbage as well.

For the maintenance that needs done I would not pay more than 15k. That's the low trade in value for that.
Yes, true, but this color is rare and the miles are low.... it's so hard to find a 2016 low miles, black interior, rare color, higher end model LR4! Does the rust look bad?

Old 06-03-2024, 09:26 PM
Drifting

I have a 2016 silverline edition. With every available option and I paid 21k for it. One owner. All maintenance done at dealership. It's pristine. It had everything supppsedly done to it. Water pump, hard lines, lower control arms, hubs, brakes and rotors, new tires......all of it.

Your lux model with that mileage is only worth 19k according to Kelly blue book of its needing nothing.

Get the carfax on it. Get the vin and put it in kbb for your values. Low trade in is only 14k for a lux with 57k miles.

This is mine...... and there's no filters used. Just waxed it.

Old 06-03-2024, 11:32 PM
4wd High

Yeah it's pretty kicka$$, but those are so few and far between nowadays. The Carfax is clean. 16 service records, at Land Rover dealerships mostly, all in Florida so no salt/sand in the winter. Ugh. Tough decision.

Old 06-04-2024, 05:39 AM
Drifting

There are none on FB market place in your area that are normally priced? Why is the dealer asking way over book value? That's extreme.

Mileage doesn't matter on these at all if all maintenance was done. 57k miles or 120k miles.

That one your looking at has had nothing done but regular service. So it's going to need everything done. Unless you're doing it all yourself you'll be shelling out close to 10,000 dollars.

Where do you live?

The following users liked this post:
guy (06-04-2024)
Old 06-04-2024, 05:43 AM
Drifting

There's a 2016 lux trims near me for 9k to 14k.

Old 06-04-2024, 05:55 AM
Drifting

Here's a nice one. Had a lot recently done. Only 12k. Has the locking rear differential too.

Facebook Post

Quick Reply: 57K LR4 w/ original control arms & coolant piples?