LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aux intercooler water pump replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2023, 03:44 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Aux intercooler water pump replacement

About a week after replacing the main water pump, the truck had a low coolant message. Upon checking, the reservoir completely empty. I loosened the cap and immdiately coolant rushed in to the tank and nearly overflowed. Drove around a bit and coolant level remained correct. This happened a few more times. I noted the plastic coolant lines on top of the intercoolers, the lower right radiator hose and the intercooler pump hoses were all cold to touch despite the regular hoses and pipes being too hot to touch. I suspect a faulty pump. The EPC shows the pump which's fitted to mine, the current type which appear to be fitted to all other Land Rover models. However the workshop manual and other vendors indicate the pump is the previous style Bosch, fitted to previous generation JLR vehicles. The replacement instructions look quite simple. The price difference between the old style Bosch and the new Magna pump's nearly 4 times the cost. I've not seen any other posts on these forums regarding these pumps, does anyone know if they're indeed interchangeable, harness and mounting bracket or if the Magna's repairable?