LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Check oil light never came on

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2024, 01:32 PM
Winching
Received 293 Likes on 190 Posts

How come your warranty weaselled out of paying?
Do you not have a record of the services you've had done?
ln which case how can the warranty company claim you've not looked after the vehicle.

Old 02-15-2024, 04:29 PM
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thank you

Thank you for your post! I am SO sorry this happened to you!
So I was in a terrible predicament. I live in Vermont, my car was towed to the nearest dealer in New Hampshire and I left from the Boston airport with the family to go to the on a family reunion trip (we had our off 3 years because of Covid) to the national parks in Canada. Cell service not great.
I spent much of my “ vacation “ on the phone trying to haggle with the dealer, Land Rover support etc. no help. I had no car and there were no rental cars at the Boston airport available for when we returned. Got a quote of 22k to replace engine but they couldn’t get it for 4-6 months. Car insurance (USAA) excludes engine issues and wouldn’t supply me a rental car. So I was hosed. And since there was a nationwide car shortage, I was going to pay a premium for anything. I was determined not to buy from Land Rover -I wanted a hybrid Highlander - but when it came down to it, I had no car at all and Land Rover Boston was the only way I could get home to Vermont with the family. Totally insane. So I overpaid for a used car I didn’t want. I still have it mainly because I can’t bring myself to see the inside of a dealership.
I still have some PTSD from the whole scenario. It seems warranties and insurance on anything these days excludes in fine print exactly the things you might actually need. I’ve had that happen with trip “insurance.”
For the record, I will never buy another Land Rover. I was appalled at how I was treated after having 4 of their cars over 16 years.
i wish you closure 🙏

Old 02-16-2024, 06:26 AM
guy
Winching
Received 130 Likes on 114 Posts

Sorry @Kadreslin , But I cannot sit on your side of the argument. Time to take some responsibility…. the fact is you were driving a vehicle without oil in the engine.

@landroverlawsuit? , ditto for you. Preventative maintenance at the prescribed schedule would have avoided you this scenario. Insurance companies should not be paying out for negligence… or all our rates will skyrocket.

Last edited by guy; 02-16-2024 at 06:30 AM.
The following users liked this post:
jastutte (02-16-2024)