LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coolant crossover parts list - one's a bit suspect!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2022, 03:32 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Coolant crossover parts list - one's a bit suspect!

I'm preparing to tackle the cooland crossover pipes and the other things I should do that I've learned about from the excellent forum. I got a local indy to quote the work and spoke to the owner, who was helpful. He sent me his quote, which has the parts we discussed with the PNs, which may be helpful to some. I just noticed that he's quoted for 6 x LR092992 - Coolant Outlet Flange - Front; I'm assuming this is a typo...! I'll go back to him on that. That aside, the parts can be found far more cheaply elsewhere (they are in CAN$ in this quote).

Grateful for any thoughts on other things that may be required to do everything that can be done whilst I'm in there. (I will check idler pulleys, per advice from jlglr4 to whom I'm grateful).

Thanks.

Old 03-20-2022, 08:05 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts

You are correct - only need 1x of that LR092992. One other thing: you really don’t need to replace the whole snout on the supercharger (the “isolator kit” is the whole snout). You can just replace the spring coupler with an aftermarket solid coupler. It’s a $20 part. I recommend an OEM Eaton supercharger coupler, or some other reputable brand.

Old 03-20-2022, 08:52 PM
Rock Crawling

Thanks for your response, Jlglr4. I confess I've made no effort to search yet but if you know off the top of your head a source/PN for the snout and could post I'd be grateful. It would save a chunk of money, I'd agree.
Cheers.

Old 03-20-2022, 10:22 PM
Rock Crawling

I bought an eaton brand solid coupler from a seller on ebay called qualitysuperchargers. Several others have used him on another forum, and he seems to be a stand up guy. Rebuilds superchargers - based out of the Detroit area somewhere I think. But, he doesn’t seem to have the same isolator I bought anymore. He does seem to have another cheaper solid isolator, which might be fine, and he has the OEM spring loaded isolator, but they tend to wear out. Feel free to email him - he’s very helpful.

Another company that I understand has a good reputation is superchargers online. I think they’re in northern ca. They appear to have the same isolator I bought https://superchargersonline.com/prod...-engine-09-14/. Seems prices have gone up. They also appear to have the oem spring isolator. Contact them before ordering to confirm fitment.

Hope that helps.

Old 03-22-2022, 06:52 PM
Rock Crawling

Hi Jlglr4, thanks - it helps a lot.

I contacted the superchargersonline guys and they were very helpful. David told me there are two available, one large and one small. The larger one is the tan coloured one; I'm assuming this is the correct version for the 3.0SCV6?

Interestingly, I spoke to my Indy about swapping from the sprung to the solid coupler; his view was that changing to a solid coupler would put too great a strain on the SC.

Old 03-22-2022, 08:34 PM
Rock Crawling

Tan one looks like the one I bought, but I wasn’t faced with the large/small issue (there was only one to choose from at the time).

As for the spring/no spring decision, I understand your mechanic’s concern and I tried to do a little research on the issue myself at the time I replaced it. I couldn’t find a whole lot of good info, but I read someplace that the purpose of the spring was to take some of the harmonic vibration out of the drive rather than reducing stress on the drive, per se. I also found that Cadillac/GM had a lot of problems with the spring loaded couplers, and people seem to be replacing them with solid couplers in droves. Then there was the fact that Eaton itself makes a solid coupler for the supercharger (our SC is an Eaton charger if you didn’t know). In the end, I figured the solid coupler probably wouldn’t do any more harm than the spring coupler already is doing (when it wears, it gouges the drive shaft - mine was already starting to gouge at 50K miles).

Old 03-26-2022, 02:06 PM
Rock Crawling

I appreciate your thoughts on this.