LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR4 tires; yes, again

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2015, 10:51 AM
8th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just picked up a 2010 lr4, and joined the forum today, need to make a first contributing post lol. In my tire search, I was disappointed in tire options available. I live in the snow belt of Ohio. I need a 4 season tire that will perform at high levels during the winter months. I considered a dedicated set of wheels tires etc... but the wheel cost alone seems prohibitive. I do not need an AT in that my off-road excursions are limited. So daily driver, with frequent trips to Ski resorts when the snow is dumping.

My search led me to Nokian. I am very familiar with there famous snow tire, Hakkapailtta. I had read about there "All weather" tire WRG3 SUV 4 seasons and a Winter rating with mountain snow flake stamp on sidewall. This tire is difficult to find at the usual sources IE tire rack etc... I asked my Local Conrads guy to get some in for me and he was willing to request them from his supplier. No problem. I went to check them out yesterday, and have them on hold till the snow flies. Very pleased with the initial hands on look see.
FWIW there are numerous reviews and videos that can be found w//google.

Here is a link to the Nokian site.Nokian WRG3 SUV - Nokian Tyres is introducing the rugged, high-performance Nokian WRG3 SUV all-weather tire for varied use on sports utility vehicles. / Nokian Tires
And a Consumer reports review.Nokian WR G3 Winter Tires Review - Consumer Reports News

Old 09-13-2015, 08:31 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 120 Posts
Default LR4 tires; yes, again

We use the Pirelli Scorpion Verde all seasons on our LR4 and have been happy with performance. Not as good as dedicated winters of course but have performed well the past two winters in the north east USA

Old 09-19-2015, 08:23 AM
Overlanding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ive been using nokian hakka and wrs for 20 years - I have an l4r we use as are DD here in the northeast and I run the WRs all year round with no issue - brutal winters are no problem. 3 years ago I used an e55 as my winter beater and with nokian hakkas it was a tank. Anything with AWD doesn't need the hakkas - u will be just fine with the WRs. and we get insanely hot summers here and the WRs are great for that too. Def no need for a second set of wheels if u go nokians