LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Putting in a stroller while using the 3rd row of LR4

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2015, 03:01 AM
raj
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Putting in a stroller while using the 3rd row of LR4

Hello everyone,

My wife will agree to buy an LR4 as long as I can demo to her that we can carry a stroller along with us while using all 3 rows.

Any suggestions on how I can accomplish this demo and thus become an LR4 owner? Thanks

Old 05-05-2015, 04:53 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 120 Posts

Umbrella / fold up strollers fit behind the 3rd row seats - but has to be a relatively thin / lightweight type
Else we fold it up and put it standing upright on the floor behind the driver or passenger seat - if you have a kid in that seat it works ok (not with an adult though).
Other option would be a roof rail / roof box

Unfortunately the only real downside of the LR4 in my eyes. We always keep one of the third row seats up (and stroller fits alongside in the half trunk space). But when we use both 3rd row seats (pretty regularly) there is little trunk space

Old 05-05-2015, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,481 Likes on 1,209 Posts

Factory roof rack problem solved

Old 05-06-2015, 09:12 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Put stroller on her lap!

Old 08-28-2015, 07:34 AM
Drifting

We used a Bugaboo stroller for both kids, and it fits just fine when folded. Bonus: it's a status symbol and very durable, so she can sell it to a facebook friend for $$$ when the kids outgrow it.

Old 11-24-2015, 07:42 AM
2nd Gear

We have a smaller SUV (Volvo xc90) and there is not much space in the back, when the third row is in use, but i stand it up on its side, doesn't leave much space left for groceries. We (I?) are looking to replace existing SUV with LR4 and I'm pretty sure that issue will come up, as my wife has seen how much space an escalade (yuck) has behind the third row, and for some reason she likes them more than lr4.

Old 11-26-2015, 09:43 AM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not much room behind the 3rd row seats. Only about 6 inches, when they are up and in use.

Old 11-26-2015, 08:13 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by raj
Hello everyone,

My wife will agree to buy an LR4 as long as I can demo to her that we can carry a stroller along with us while using all 3 rows.

Any suggestions on how I can accomplish this demo and thus become an LR4 owner? Thanks
What's your use case where you need strollers and the third row? If it's for occasional use and you're ok with an umbrella stroller as mentioned, then you're golden. However if you have a bigger family and need the third row all the time, you're probably better off with a full size American battleship style suv like a suburban.
That said, we use half our third row all the time now that we have an Au pair staying with us. Two car seats in the middle rows relegates my wife to the third row. Still plenty of room to the side of her for strollers, grocerys, bags etc

Our full size strollers have been problems in any of our cars. We have a double Thule chariot and a bob stroller. Getting either of those to fit in our old outback, or the lr4 requires removing wheels and putting them in at odd angles.

Last edited by Robert Booth; 11-26-2015 at 08:18 PM.
Old 12-03-2015, 09:28 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 120 Posts

The au pair gets the front row with you? And the wife in the 3rd row??

Old 12-04-2015, 07:09 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by BritCars
The au pair gets the front row with you? And the wife in the 3rd row??
I'm guessing the au pair's name is Bob, and he is the rally navigator ?

Quick Reply: Putting in a stroller while using the 3rd row of LR4