LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Putting in a stroller while using the 3rd row of LR4

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 11:39 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 83 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by docvoltage
I'm guessing the au pair's name is Bob, and he is the rally navigator ?

My wife is petite and pretty agile. When she's in the 3rd row she can play with the kids in front of her. (They're still really young and prone to whining on a drive)

Our Au pair is pretty tall for the back seats and has only been driving for a year so we use each time we go out in the car as a family, as an opportunity for her to gain road experience.

That said, I'd love a rally navigator. Last Tuesday, my wife sent me wrong directions for this rock concert that both kids were to go to. (For those that care, check out Caspar Babypants on YouTube) I had to do some enthusiastic driving in the Range Rover Classic to get us there on time. (By spirited I mean heads hitting the headliner as the car gets airborne) Hopefully, she will not emulate this type of reckless behaviour.

Old 12-16-2015, 10:25 AM
Mudding
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gostus79
We have a smaller SUV (Volvo xc90) and there is not much space in the back, when the third row is in use, but i stand it up on its side, doesn't leave much space left for groceries. We (I?) are looking to replace existing SUV with LR4 and I'm pretty sure that issue will come up, as my wife has seen how much space an escalade (yuck) has behind the third row, and for some reason she likes them more than lr4.
XC90 owner here as well. XC90, with third row up, has substantially more space than LR4 with third row seats. Sadly, for us, the XC90 is the better choice right now--so it gets a lot more road time.

Clarkson on Top Gear put it well. Talking about the LR3 (close enough): "As a machine it's amazing, but for the family, the XC90 is better."

Our family solution is having an XC90 and an LR4