LR4 Talk about the Land Rover LR4 within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radio, video, gps, phone and reverse parking camera not working

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 04:28 PM
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radio, video, gps, phone and reverse parking camera not working

Pretty much the whole of everything on the screen is not working. Gps sits and freezes and "navigation is initialising", phone can't be paired, reverse camera works sometimes but normally it dosn't and the whole "Audio/video" section can't be accessed and it's blanked out: http://postimg.org/image/o1kj8d7ib/full/
All this started while driving through a storm. Through the hardest part of the storm everything was fin but after it had died out and was just drizzling the radio made a high pitch sound and everything stopped working
How can I fix this?

Old 01-16-2014, 11:12 PM
4wd High

Lightning or water? I suspect it needs to go into the shop. If water it may dry out but and start working again but I wouldn't trust it. If lightning then something could be fried. What year is it?

Old 01-17-2014, 02:41 PM
Three Wheeling

This may be base for an insurance claim as water damage. I'm an lic Insurance Broker, so if the dealership cant/or refuses, file a claim on your auto if the resulting damage is truly from water.

Old 12-11-2020, 10:57 PM
ERC
3rd Gear
Default Nothing works. Radio, NAV, Back up camera

Originally Posted by ktatlow
Pretty much the whole of everything on the screen is not working. Gps sits and freezes and "navigation is initialising", phone can't be paired, reverse camera works sometimes but normally it dosn't and the whole "Audio/video" section can't be accessed and it's blanked out: http://postimg.org/image/o1kj8d7ib/full/
All this started while driving through a storm. Through the hardest part of the storm everything was fin but after it had died out and was just drizzling the radio made a high pitch sound and everything stopped working
How can I fix this?

Any answer to this problem? I have the exact same problem. No lighting over here Just sat in the garage for 9 days while I was on vacation and when I got home. Nothing works. Radio, NAV, Back up camera. Try currently doing a hard reset on the battery. Please help if you have the answer.

Thanks

Old 12-12-2020, 08:46 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 51 Likes on 41 Posts

Assume you've tried charging the battery and checking it? Alternator working under load, relevant fuses, etc.

Old 12-14-2020, 10:13 AM
4wd High

I had the same issue a few years ago. I found an indy shop that repairs infotainment units on all makes. Brought the truck in for a day for them to diagnose and figure out which module was the problem, they determined it was the head unit and gave me a quote for $700ish to repair. After several attempts and trips back to them they were unable to repair it and installed a reconditioned unit for the original price. I haven't had any issues since.

Old 12-14-2020, 01:32 PM
ERC
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by CaliLee
I had the same issue a few years ago. I found an indy shop that repairs infotainment units on all makes. Brought the truck in for a day for them to diagnose and figure out which module was the problem, they determined it was the head unit and gave me a quote for $700ish to repair. After several attempts and trips back to them they were unable to repair it and installed a reconditioned unit for the original price. I haven't had any issues since.

Thank you. That is invaluable info as there is practically nothing on this anywhere but a few sporadic threads about the problem and not the fix. I was already looking at head units. Refurb for about $290. Odd the way it went down without any real event. Thankfully the its an easy replacement I can do in the garage. Again thank you very much.

Old 12-14-2020, 04:30 PM
4wd High

Glad to help. I had a couple of incidents where the radio stopped outputting audio in the weeks prior to it going completely crazy on me but nothing else. Just started it one morning and nothing worked, tried pulling the battery connections and that didn't help. The online search began...

I'm in the south SF Bay area and used a shop called Short Circuit.

Old 12-14-2020, 06:48 PM
ERC
3rd Gear

Glad to help. I had a couple of incidents where the radio stopped outputting audio in the weeks prior to it going completely crazy on me but nothing else. Just started it one morning and nothing worked, tried pulling the battery connections and that didn't help. The online search began...

I'm in the south SF Bay area and used a shop called Short Circuit.

So I went through all the functions and secret menu ( accessed by holding the valet key for 40n seconds) on my unit, check all applicable fuses including those other affected functions. Then did a soft and hard reset per Land Rover Hawaii suggestions ( Positive and negative from the car connected) left it all night just to make sure,. I read there may be a battery in the unit itself that if a reset worked would need to be bled. Nothing. So it was welcome to get your input. Unit ordered.

Old 12-20-2020, 12:56 AM
Default Radio navagation reverse camera not working.

Hi, I have the same problem. If you change the head units, can you explain to me what part are you talking about? Im a little confused on what you changed or replaced will you be a little more specific? Thank you, let me know.

Quick Reply: Radio, video, gps, phone and reverse parking camera not working