Member Group And Special Buys Vendors and Advertisers will post special group buys for our members here!

Quick Release Fire Extinguisher Clamp - GB Interst

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 12:05 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I see the strap to use as a mount option, can you access the back plate and hard mount it to a steel door or body panel with nut & bolt?

Old 01-05-2013, 07:56 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As I mentioned in an earlier post, the strap is just there for me to have something to hold onto to pull the extinguisher out when it is not mounted to anything. To mount it I would recommend bolting directly to a flat surface, or for a roll cage I would purchase the appropriate size U-bolt for the bar and then drill through the back plate for the dimensions of the U-bolt.

Old 01-10-2013, 09:28 AM
Three Wheeling

I'll be headed back home from work this coming Monday the 14th and should have three weeks or so off. Once I've had a chance to speak with my patent attorney and my accountant to iron out a few details, I think we'll be ready to make this an official group buy!

Old 01-15-2013, 09:40 PM
Three Wheeling

I got home from work yesterday afternoon and managed to get down to the company who will be doing the casting this afternoon. We discussed exactly how we're going to cast the part and ironed out the last few details. Tomorrow... Accountant and patent attorney (hopefully).

Old 01-17-2013, 09:30 PM
Three Wheeling

As promised, I spoke with the patent attorney today, and I have sent an email to my accountant but I have not heard back from him just yet. It's the really busy time of year for those guys so it may be a day or two, but he's usually really good about responding.

I want to thank everyone here for their patience, I am just trying to do things the right way and don't want to get ahead of myself where I end up disappointing someone.

Old 01-25-2013, 03:11 PM
Three Wheeling

I know it's been a few days since I've updated anyone and I apologize for that. I have managed to talk to the patent attorney and the accountant, as well as file with the state so I can officially do business! However I have to make a decision about the tooling to have the cast parts made. Coincidentally, the tooling cost is the same as the cost of the 3d printer I'm looking to purchase. The manufacturer is running a few sample prints of the tooling I designed and shipping them to me to inspect. If they will work, I'll purchase the printer and I can then make tooling for all different size part to be cast rather than have to dish out tons of cash for each different size part to have the tooling made. The downside is that both options have a 6-8 week lead time.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:48 AM
Three Wheeling

Originally Posted by Rover_Hokie
I see the strap to use as a mount option, can you access the back plate and hard mount it to a steel door or body panel with nut & bolt?
I just realized that I never really answered your question. Yes, you do have access to the back plate for mounting. You can remove the two clamp halves in a matter of seconds to bolt the base down, then reinstall the clamps.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:24 AM
Three Wheeling

I finally got word from the 3D printer manufacturer that my sample prints are on their way. I apologize for the slow progress.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:41 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

Having an extinguisher can come in handy...

Attached Thumbnails Quick Release Fire Extinguisher Clamp - GB Interst-disco-fire.jpg  
Old 02-22-2013, 02:45 PM
Baja
Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Savannah Buzz
Having an extinguisher can come in handy...
Yeah, but a 2.5lb is really too small, spring for at least a a 10lb extinguisher.

Quick Reply: Quick Release Fire Extinguisher Clamp - GB Interst