Modifications Done some work to your Land Rover to make it better on road or off? Talk about it here!

Bottorf Front Bumper Review

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 10:00 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bottorf Front Bumper Review

Dear LandRoverForums Members,

I'm writing this thread due to a recent purchase that I made and I would like to review it for all of you. I hope you respect this review as I took the time to write it to help future members with their purchases. Now with that being said let me start this review!

Product Type: Front Winch Bumper

Manufacturer: Bottorf-Fabrication

Extra Product Info: D1/D2 Front Winch Bumper

Product Image:

I’m going to review my “whole” experience, not just the product, but my feeling about the company, shipping, and ordering.

Pre-Sale: Before I made my purchase I had many detailed conversations with Nate Bottorf an employee from Bottorf-Fabrication. He replied to all of my questions within 12 hours and was very prompt. He answered all of my questions and was a great help.

Ordering: The Bottorf-Fabrication website was a godsend. I felt very securing purchasing the bumper online (I don’t really trust over the phone and mail purchasing methods). The website allowed to me to see multiple photos of the product and was very detailed with the product features and specifications. Ordering was easy and I received confirmation emails and using my website account I could look up my previous orders also.

Shipping: Due to the weight of the item I had to use ABF Freight, this was a first time experience with freight shipping. The shipping was very quick; the bumper came in 3 days. They brought the bumper right to my house and the ABF driver even helped me load the bumper into the back of my truck. ABF shipping was very professional and wasn’t too expensive.

Okay here is what you have all been waiting for, the product review.

First Impressions: After opening the crate I was greeted by my winch bumper. The bumper was wrapped very nicely in bubble wrap and it did its job not a scratch on it. It looked exactly like the pictures from the site, so I was very happy.

Installation: The entire installation process took less then an hour. This process includes removal of the stock bumper and installation of the new winch bumper. Nate emailed me two diagrams showing the stock removal process, instructions on installing the new bumper, parts list, tools needed, and a few helpful tips/hints. The process went very smooth; the hardest part was dealing with the summer heat and annoying mosquitoes.

Post-Install Impressions: After finishing the installation, I sat down, drank a coke, and looked at the finished product in delight. I choose Bottorf for many reasons and I’m glad that I did. I was looking for a bumper that looked similar to an ARB Bull Bar, and I do believe this bumper looks quite similar. I was also looking for a bumper that was built to last and had the strength of a Rovertym bumper, with this bumper being made from steel which is all 3/16 tubular with 1/4 inch flat stock. I think this bumper has all of what’s great from those other bumper fabricators.

Reasons I choose this bumper:
• Great Value: $550.00 for a winch bumper is amazing.
• Nice Design: Very ARB like which is what I like
• Heavy Duty: It has similar durability to Rovertym
• Great Material: Uses all steel and it mounts to the frame and not the crush cans
• Great Manufacturer: Great service, great site, check it out

Final Rating: 10/10 – Perfect

After thoughts: If you have any questions about this bumper feel free to pm me. You’re probably wondering why I’m writing such a detailed review. I write detailed reviews for all the major products that I purchase. I’ve been so happy with this bumper in general that I took a little more time to write it then normally. I’m not trying to make anyone jealous, just trying to represent this bumper and help out future customers.

Thank you for taking the time to read this review. If you have purchased/own this bumper feel free to reply to this thread and add your own review. If you have never seen this product in person and don’t own it then please do not reply to this thread. This thread is for real reviews of this product and not for comments.

Thanks Again
RealRitzcracker

Last edited by RealRitzcracker; 07-28-2009 at 11:41 PM.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:16 AM
Administrator
Received 100 Likes on 82 Posts

I have been watching them for awhile, seems to be a great product.
Thanks for the information.

Old 07-27-2009, 01:40 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No problem.

I don't know any other company that has was Bottorf-Fabrication has.

Best Prices Around: $550.00 for a Winch Bumper is AMAZING.
Best Customer Service: Nate will walk you through everything.
Best Website Around: Very Sleek, Very Nice, Overall great experience.
Overall Bottorf-Fabrication is a great company I'll be getting a pair of sliders in the future for sure.

Thanks Again