Modifications Done some work to your Land Rover to make it better on road or off? Talk about it here!

Gutting Interior

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 08:36 PM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Gutting Interior

Ok so I am new to the site and new to owning a Land Rover. I just bought a 96 RR (P38) and have been working on getting parts from salvage cars or online and replacing whats missing and fixing it up. I am currently working on the interior and I have a few questions...

1) The carpet material on the doors... I want to replace that with my own material so to do so would I just simply access that material by removing the plastic door panel?

2) Does anyone know where I can buy a new carpet for a 96 range?

3) Does anyone know where I can buy a new sunroof door or if possible would covering that with a new material work as well and if so an example would help as to which material would be quality with the sliding wear and tear

Old 12-15-2012, 09:27 PM
4wd Low

The part that is circled is a carpet like material in my RR. That is the section I wish to replaced along with the smaller section of material below the one circled (This photo was not taken by me but I am using it to represent my door).

Attached Thumbnails Gutting Interior-rangerover-chromedoorhandlecolourma.jpg  
Old 12-15-2012, 09:36 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

You can pull the carpet and wash it and let it air dry, it washes pretty good. You can get parts from Paul Grant. Pop the speaker off and the door panel you can reupholster the top

Old 12-16-2012, 09:39 AM
4wd Low

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
You can pull the carpet and wash it and let it air dry, it washes pretty good. You can get parts from Paul Grant. Pop the speaker off and the door panel you can reupholster the top
I wil try to wash it but this carpet it pretty much gone. Its been cut into and stained with who knows what. I would like to order a new one honestly.
Yeah I thought I could just pop it off so I will work on that today probably.
Thanks for the info and I sent Paul Grant a message.

Old 12-16-2012, 10:11 AM

He may have a nicer carpet for you. One without holes

Old 12-16-2012, 10:29 AM
4wd Low

He may have a nicer carpet for you. One without holes
Hopefully he does because surprisingly I haven't found one online yet so I may have to look at getting one custom made if thats even an option out there. Thanks again!

Old 12-16-2012, 10:49 AM

Ask him to pull a nice one for you he gets trucks in all the time. When you pull the carpet and insulation check for rust and make any necessary repairs.

Old 12-16-2012, 05:28 PM
4wd Low

Ask him to pull a nice one for you he gets trucks in all the time. When you pull the carpet and insulation check for rust and make any necessary repairs.
He hasn't replied yet but when he does I will make sure to ask him.

I pulled apart my door today and started cleaning all of the trim and panels. I then ripped off the fabric and carpet and plan to get materials tomorrow to replace them. The doors look so much better almost as if they were new.
After taking that off along with other signs I think this RR was flooded at some point. It runs great but I will definitely have some extensive interior work to do.

Here is a pic of me working on one of the four interior door panels today. Ill make sure to update with pictures as I go along.

Attached Thumbnails Gutting Interior-photo-2.jpg