Modifications Done some work to your Land Rover to make it better on road or off? Talk about it here!

My P38 Transformation

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2012, 07:48 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jmason
Yea, but I'm not too concerned. I just treat it as if I have a couple more people in the vehicle and/or a loaded trunk. It's not the end of the world
nice. get some Forever Black on the plastic over the bumper. it is a range rover.

Old 10-11-2012, 09:30 AM
Mudding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slanginsanjuan
nice. get some Forever Black on the plastic over the bumper. it is a range rover.
I would, but the plastic bumper is no more. It's all metal from here on out!

Unless you mean the black trim around. That will be blacked again, but it's just really dirty/dusty in the shop so I haven't bothered yet. Once it's out of the garage with all it's parts on once and for all, I will go over the rest of the vehicle and get it up to snuff

Old 10-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jmason
Unless you mean the black trim around. That will be blacked again, but it's just really dirty/dusty in the shop so I haven't bothered yet. Once it's out of the garage with all it's parts on once and for all, I will go over the rest of the vehicle and get it up to snuff
it looks great and it's a serious vehicle. i meant the trim and I wasn't really serious. just the contrast of the gloss black bumper and the plastic trim which can sooo easily get blackened.....while you bust your *** on the real things. You're right....get it on the end. Props.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:59 AM
Mudding
Default Front Bumper

Here's a little teaser for everybody.

More info to come!

Name:  SJUw3.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  77.6 KB

Old 11-09-2012, 10:07 AM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You've got a great lookin rig. Kinda has me wanting to get my hands on a P38. I'm ready to see how that front bumper turns out. KCCO!

Old 11-09-2012, 03:35 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Keep it coming!

Old 11-20-2012, 09:49 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by honda50r
Keep it coming!
This was from last week. It'll all be done soon!

Name:  7950y.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  92.3 KB

Old 12-02-2012, 10:17 PM
Winching
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

You do great work! It really is looking awesome. Cant wait to see more. This is like Rover **** lol

Old 12-03-2012, 09:13 AM
Mudding

Thanks! You're going to have much more coming soon, I'm just waiting for it to not be raining so I can take some pictures. As soon as I have a bit of downtime and the sun is shining, you'll see my full progress update!

Old 12-07-2012, 01:03 AM
Mudding
Default Bumpers!

Hi all,

Good news! Bumpers are finished! Well, actually they're not. They're finished for now, but I still have to add things to them, like a brush guard come the spring. However, they're done for now!

I was pressed for time today, so I just popped out a couple of quick pictures. I will hopefully try to get some better pictures down the line, but for now these will have to do. You'll have to excuse the dirt, I haven't had time to clean it for a bit.

Here you can see a front view of the bumper, similar to the shot I posted of when the bumper was just mocked up on the vehicle.
Name:  vG32l.jpg
Views: 97
Size:  155.2 KB

I have yet to get a winch, but will do so at some point in the next little while. In the mean time, my baby's getting plenty of fresh air up front!

Here is a view from the side/underside of the front bumper. You can see how the skid plate comes down from the front, and bolts into the lower portion of the rad.
Name:  wkE4m.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  122.2 KB

Here's another front angle of the ol' girl.
Name:  hRsFI.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  173.9 KB

This is a shot of the back bumper. The bumper itself has a more secure mount for my CB, however I have to get a couple longer cables to hook that up. Additionally, the rear tire has a little red LED in the middle of the rim, that makes the center of the rim glow as a 3rd brake light when lit. It will also have to be wired in, along with my license plate light. Until then, they will remain unlit.
Name:  dWvfh.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  152.8 KB

Here's a closeup of the clasp. Double latch, to add a bit of redundancy. It's very secure!

Another shot of the rear.
Name:  ZwBtU.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  134.5 KB

Here you can see that brake light I was talking about.

This is a corner shot of the back bumper. You can see the hinge, as well as one of the jacking points on the bumper.
Name:  DGi8F.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  142.6 KB

Here you can see the tire rack opened up. I wish I had put in a drop pin or something to stop it from swinging all the way out, but I'll get used to it soon enough.
Name:  jnj0b.jpg
Views: 88
Size:  155.0 KB

A little side view:
Name:  BrpbB.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  172.9 KB

And a nice semi-imposing shot of the all glorious Rangie!
Name:  GWXws.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  165.0 KB

As I said, more things are to come. There are also diff guards, but they won't be finished until the spring, so those go on the back burner.

I hope you all enjoy. I will be getting myself a winch and some d-shackles soon enough, but until then I will just be mulling about. I bought myself some cleaner for the black surfaces, as well as a couple of those paint sticks from Atlantic British. Hopefully I get it looking like new again soon!

Attached Thumbnails My P38 Transformation-smbhm.jpg   My P38 Transformation-xhml0.jpg  

Last edited by jmason; 12-07-2012 at 01:07 AM.

Quick Reply: My P38 Transformation