Modifications Done some work to your Land Rover to make it better on road or off? Talk about it here!

Upcomming Project: My biggest Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 04:56 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

I'm not trying to be a pain in anyones *** here and Im not meaning to annoy but when I say I want something then thats what I mean. I'm looking all over for a way to get my hands on the ACE weather via trade or manual install. Ive seen more members on here complain about the ACE so I just figured I could take it off their hands.

Old 01-24-2013, 05:00 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

do as you please sir. i doubt anyone is going to sit there and dismanlte their ACE system to give it to you so I guess you best bet would be to call Paul Grant and have him pull one off a truck he gets in or just buy a truck with a blown head gasket that has ACE. take the ACE out and junk the truck

Old 01-24-2013, 05:36 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by hilltoppersx
do as you please sir. i doubt anyone is going to sit there and dismanlte their ACE system to give it to you so I guess you best bet would be to call Paul Grant and have him pull one off a truck he gets in or just buy a truck with a blown head gasket that has ACE. take the ACE out and junk the truck
Already talked to grant over the phone. Will take him a little while to find a ACE system. Just keeping all my options open. Also been looking around at "dead disco's" and most are not equipped with ACE. Seems its pretty rare on our trucks...

Old 01-24-2013, 08:13 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TRIAR, once again I applaud your ambition.

If that's what you want, it's what you want. I can sympathize. I'd be really interested to see how it works out if you install it on your Disco.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:45 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by wreckdiver1321
TRIAR, once again I applaud your ambition.

If that's what you want, it's what you want. I can sympathize. I'd be really interested to see how it works out if you install it on your Disco.

Once upon a time I said "I want a 2004 Discovery!" and many people told me otherwise, they said "NO no no you do not want one of those pieces pf ****! Land Rovers are all junk, British fords...." and even people on this forum tried to discourage me but afew years later Im the proud owner of a 2004 Discovery SE Trail 1 Edition! Knowing the issues with the engine and the 3 amigos and I still have no regrets

I dont ask for much in life. Not a brand new car, not $100,000,000,000,000, not a perfect girlfriend..... I ask for a old 2004 Disco 2 and an ACE system and Im almost set for life hehe Ill keep my fingers crossed.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:20 PM
Camel Trophy
Received 225 Likes on 194 Posts

Good grief, can you say 2004 Discovery SE Trail 1 Edition one more time?
What exactly is so special about the 2004 Discovery SE Trail 1 Edition ? I'm looking at your avatar and it looks like a stock '04 D2 with a brush gaurd and a couple lights.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:32 PM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by fishEH
What exactly is so special about the 2004 Discovery SE Trail 1 Edition ? I'm looking at your avatar and it looks like a stock '04 D2 with a brush gaurd and a couple lights.
That's what a Trail Edition is. When you got one, you got the steel brush guard, a couple lights, and mudflaps and side steps that said "Trail Edition" or something on them. Nothing special.

Old 01-25-2013, 12:13 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by fishEH
Take pride in your rover like I do with mine and you will understand why I desire the ACE and why I frequently mention the Trail 1 Edition. Comes with a-frame brush bar, 2 aux lights, rear door ladder, upper rear tail light guards and a badge. $1,000+ extra added to the value of the truck when she came entered the showroom new. Stock vehicles do not come with packages or special editions, just a plain truck with no fancy accessories.

I guess whatIm really saying is "I love my Disco!!!!"

Old 01-25-2013, 12:22 AM
Rock Crawling

Originally Posted by TRIARII
Take pride in your rover like I do with mine and you will understand why I desire the ACE and why I frequently mention the Trail 1 Edition. Comes with a-frame brush bar, 2 aux lights, rear door ladder, upper rear tail light guards and a badge. $1,000+ extra added to the value of the truck when she came entered the showroom new. Stock vehicles do not come with packages or special editions, just a plain truck with no fancy accessories.

I guess whatIm really saying is "I love my Disco!!!!"
Oh yeah, it came with that stuff too.

TRIAR, where are all those other nifty little accessories from your Disco?

Old 01-25-2013, 01:02 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by wreckdiver1321
Oh yeah, it came with that stuff too.

TRIAR, where are all those other nifty little accessories from your Disco?
lol rear door ladder is laying down in the back of my Disco. Needs to be sandblasted and I need new mounting hardware. Upper rear tail lights were lost by previous owner. Everything else is still on the truck.

Quick Reply: Upcomming Project: My biggest Challenge