Modifications Done some work to your Land Rover to make it better on road or off? Talk about it here!

Your Modded Land Rover here:

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 07:26 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

someone did a urban camo headliner. that looked good. chalkboard or paint is interesting. black headliner material from headlinersRus might be the best way to go. remember trim tho. you need to match or spray. two tone is sketchy although i've seen it done ok.

Old 10-19-2011, 03:10 PM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

To pick this up, because I want to see more of OTHER people's mods, I'll show off a few more of my smaller modifications....

PIAA "Xtreme White" parking light bulbs. Sometimes it's the little things
Name:  2011-10-16_18-43-10_682-1.jpg
Views: 305
Size:  49.4 KB

Another cheap/easy mod is painting your wheels black (or whatever color you choose)...
Name:  DSC_0027-3.jpg
Views: 271
Size:  157.2 KB

Old 10-19-2011, 09:25 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I feel left out mines almost bone stock other then FlexiFlares, lift, tires, steering, axles, gears, lockers, bumpers, drive shafts, exhaust, lights, cb, almost the entire suspension, and on board air its all stock.

Name:  125.jpg
Views: 328
Size:  269.0 KB

Rob what for lights are those theyre pretty cool looking.

Old 10-19-2011, 10:01 PM
TReK

Originally Posted by Long Haul
I feel left out mines almost bone stock
Stock...hehe

Thanks, I actually bought the lights for my FJ40 off of a Land Cruiser specialty website (Specter Off-Road, Inc. Land Cruiser Parts and Accessories) so I'm not sure what the actual model number is, but here's the packaging.
Name:  2011-10-16_18-44-49_673.jpg
Views: 299
Size:  77.8 KB

Old 10-20-2011, 01:19 AM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Now were getting some steam! Lets keep up with the pics please. I want to see everything!!! YloDisco what type of paint did you use on your rims? How does it stand up to the elements?: salt, water, ice, dirt, high temp, low temp, vibration etc? Checked my local Ace true Value Hardware store and they did not have any high endurance whether resist paint available...

PS: Anyone ever install HID's on their 03-04 model Discovery?

Old 10-20-2011, 10:32 AM
TReK

Originally Posted by TRIARII
YloDisco what type of paint did you use on your rims? How does it stand up to the elements?: salt, water, ice, dirt, high temp, low temp, vibration etc?....

....PS: Anyone ever install HID's on their 03-04 model Discovery?
I used Rustoleum High Performance Wheel Paint along with several layers of primer before that. I finished them off with Duplicolor Clear Coat. They have held up extraordinarily well to winter, off road, de-icer, not being washed, etc,.. HIGHLY recommend the wheel paint over the grille or high temp paint (and yes, I have used both).

In regards to the HID's, member name Bosshogt has done the upgrade on his 2003, and did a write up.

Old 10-21-2011, 07:31 PM
TReK

Good deal, I'll be sure to order afew cans when the time comes.

So I've been thinking of installing diamond plating to all the flooring on my 04. Anyone ever do this before? Anyone know where I can get a good deal on diamond plates?

Old 10-21-2011, 11:45 PM
TReK

One word...NOISE....................and HEAT...ok two words.

Old 10-22-2011, 12:23 AM
TReK

The plates would be mounted over the rubber padding therefor absorbing most of the vibration and noise. Regarding the heat I dont follow? Will installing diamond plat flooring create overheating issues in the engine compartment?

Worse case scenario I could always rip out the back seats and install a swimming pool!
Series Land Rover Luxury Limo Conversion With Pool - YouTube

Old 10-22-2011, 06:57 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

interesting. im about to do diamond plate cut to size for the entire rear floor. i'm going to use a 3m or other panel adhesive. i don't have those mats anymore but you just gave me the idea to squeeze some soundproofing material between the two layers....thanks. another member told me to be careful no water gets up in between. is your floor in good condition?

we need to make sure we can access the "ports" for the seatbelts and seats. also, my rear cargo seat supports (leg) drops slightly below the level of the floor, and the fuel pump door.....so I may need a cutout there. i was going to paint it black but maybe i'll leave it.

Long Haul....your truck looks like it wants to leave the ground...badly.

I really like the HID's but I decided I'd rather not be noticed. I'm gonna go buy some dull eco bulbs or something.

Quick Reply: Your Modded Land Rover here: