Modifications Done some work to your Land Rover to make it better on road or off? Talk about it here!

Your Modded Land Rover here:

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 11:24 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

can we use HID'S with our headlights? Like real ones with xenon bulbs and the amplifier

Old 10-28-2011, 04:20 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Long Haul, Love the look of yours, but you forgot to list the skid plates and those front links.

Old 10-28-2011, 07:08 PM
Default Hidden Maps

Originally Posted by collin Barrows
I'm thinking of redoing my headliner in an African map design

Reminds me of the WWII Aviators with maps sticted into the linings of their flight jackets.

Be sure and get some old Humphrey Bogart b&w pictures to hang in it.

Old 10-28-2011, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by TRIARII
Yes I did come up with a solution as mentioned earlier in this thread. All the edges will be riveted/angled upwards about an inch so to trap in all deposits and liquids, allowing for quick easy cleanup via a standard vacuum cleaner or a damp rag. As for installation of the plates there are 2 options. 1.) Apply the plating then drill 4 strategically placed holes and secure with short screws. B.) the plating is heavy enough to stay put without screws or any other permanent setup. This method is more ideal should you ever wish to remove the plating. Plus your carpets wont be damaged so resell value wont be jeopardized. If anything this plating could preserve the condition and coloring of your carpets because they will not be exposed to typical deposits - the plating will take all the beating.

You and SlangInSanJuan are at oppsite ends of the spectrum. He is repairing/replacing a rusted thru floor while you are wanting to protect factroy carpets.

Allow me to shed some light on your theories. The rust thru ain't primarily from the stuff off the bottoms of your shoes. Look at the thread on the Water Ingress, Discoveries are known to leak at the front windshield, both sunroofs, rear cargo doors, the Alpine Lights (windows) and various other places. Not to mention heater cores that will soak and ruin your front carpets , clogged sunroof drains that will leak and ruin headliners, other leaks that will soak cargo area pads, plus all the little holes from the factory that go thru the metal floorboards and start corrosion in lots of small places from below.

So I would not be convinced that your proposed solution will be a good one.

Only in a well undercoated vehicle with excellent carpets, then you should never allow them to get wet so don't take it out on the trails where fording is a possibility.

As far as removing the running boards, mine removed themselves first trail ride I took.

Old 10-28-2011, 07:36 PM

Honda50, yours looks good. Like the hood blackout.

That camo is actually artic camo, sand colored would be desert camo.

Urban Camo would need to look like buildings wouldn't it?

Old 10-29-2011, 08:24 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Danny Lee 97 Disco
Long Haul, Love the look of yours, but you forgot to list the skid plates and those front links.
Those were Terrafirma 6* radius arms and QT steering arms when that picture was taken. It now has a 3 link suspension (worth every penny) and I'm waiting on a custom Rovertym steering setup that uses Heim joints instead of regular tie rod ends it also moves the drag link to the front of the axle (makes it a little more prone to hitting stuff) but itll straighten a lot of weird steering angles out. Its also getting coilover shocks up front once I figure out some mounts. As far as skid plates I have a Safari gard gas tank skid to mount up and some weld on diff covers, everything else is pretty mutch home made.

Old 10-29-2011, 11:19 AM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Danny Lee 97 Disco
...That camo is actually artic camo, sand colored would be desert camo....
So when my brother was in Afghanistan wearing this camo, he must have been given the wrong thing then huh??? This is NOT "Arctic" camo brutha....do a google image search for "Digital Camo."

Name:  IMG_0788.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  124.9 KB

Old 10-29-2011, 02:46 PM

It still looks goofy, I prefer the RealTree stuff.

Old 10-30-2011, 09:27 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

too each his own my friend, the only other color i was considering was the tri-color desert camo, i believe it's called 3-day. It needed to be tan so it matched the interior, not leafy brown.
Danny, im in pittsburgh this weekend for a wedding. How about this fog?????? Are you going to rausch for the event on 11/12?

Old 10-30-2011, 11:07 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Long Haul
Those were Terrafirma 6* radius arms and QT steering arms when that picture was taken. It now has a 3 link suspension (worth every penny) and I'm waiting on a custom Rovertym steering setup that uses Heim joints instead of regular tie rod ends it also moves the drag link to the front of the axle (makes it a little more prone to hitting stuff) but itll straighten a lot of weird steering angles out. Its also getting coilover shocks up front once I figure out some mounts. As far as skid plates I have a Safari gard gas tank skid to mount up and some weld on diff covers, everything else is pretty mutch home made.

Since he got his 3 link in, I got his hand me down Terrafirma arms. Here's the most recent shot of my truck. Pretty much stock like Brians..

Last edited by Jake1996D1; 10-30-2011 at 11:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Your Modded Land Rover here: