Modifications Done some work to your Land Rover to make it better on road or off? Talk about it here!

Your Modded Land Rover here:

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 09:41 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by threalassmikeg
Visited your website HLC. Looks like you make some real nice stuff!!! May have to take a roadtrip South. How much to outfit a d2 with ALL your goodies??? Hmmmmm....

Denny's stuff is top quality heavy duty stuff. Can't say enough about his products and customer service. Wish I could afford to have my truck outfitted with more hlc gear

Old 11-17-2011, 11:46 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

HLC makes great off road products. I was lucky enought to pick this up in person at Denny's shop. Here are recent pictures of the HLC rear tire carrier installed.
Spent the last week attaching this to my new rear bumper that I am still finishing fabrication on.

Old 11-18-2011, 12:27 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Default Finishing Rear bumper

Finally I am attaching the the tread plate on the rear bumper after much cutting and fitting. Now I have welded and ground it to a nice rounded over corner. Next I will remove the bumper, prime and spary it with Rustolium truck bed liner & it will be done after weeks of work.

It should look like this once done only all black!

Old 11-18-2011, 10:17 AM
TReK
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks great!

There's a big picture of a maroon DI in this month's Rover's Magazine with that same (or very similar) bumper/swing away, really looks at home on a Rover.

Old 11-19-2011, 12:05 AM
Recovery Vehicle

Tonight I added Micro-Nerf Side steps to my rear bumper. These turned out really cool. I added small hole expanded steel and welded it in. The extra side marker blinker is now hooked up. Took me about 4.5 hours from start until painted. All my welds are cleaned up and ground.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:03 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Sticks out too far for me, but hey, thats a hell of a lot bette rthan what i've got going on in my back bumper situation. good fab job.

Old 11-19-2011, 03:55 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@Turf63: Love your headliner! Mine's sagging in several places, especially where the sunroofs would have been (mine's an SD). There's a lot of guys in the D2 section painting theirs, but I'd like to do what you did, only Multi-Cam. Did you just use regular fabric and spray adhesive? Any big hurdles with the r&r on the headliner? Details, bro- I'm psyched about doing it now.

Old 11-19-2011, 10:08 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Default Side steps

Originally Posted by turf63
Sticks out too far for me, but hey, thats a hell of a lot better than what I've got going on in my back bumper situation. good fab job.
Thanks! I have worked so hard on this bumper, its ridiculous. The side steps sticks out 3.5 inches, the pictures are a little deceiving, but I figure, if I am that close to a tree or an object, I'd rather touch it with the side step and feel the hit, maybe, it would make me stop and not scrape my rear fender. I considered making them less wide, but left them at this width, because less would not be worth having them. Maybe in the future I can engineer fold-down steps. Maybe there are some out there already made for a Jeep.

Tonight I completed the passenger side and also added the tread plate on the side. Its looking sweet
All my imperfections just fade away with my grinder and flapper wheel. Now on the 10th pound of flux core welding wire. Thank goodness for Harbor Freight sales!

Last edited by bosshogt; 11-19-2011 at 11:23 PM.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:26 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

super pro work. really nice.

Old 12-14-2011, 01:07 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by turf63
Sticks out too far for me, but hey, thats a hell of a lot bette rthan what i've got going on in my back bumper situation. good fab job.
i'm sure the mirrors stick out more than the steps...you could have also used a folding type. Looks good Boss

Attached Thumbnails Your Modded Land Rover here:-fstep.jpg  

Quick Reply: Your Modded Land Rover here: