New Discovery V Talk about the new Land Rover Discovery 5
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 Discovery w/ Diesel and 5 passenger?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2019, 12:05 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2019 Discovery w/ Diesel and 5 passenger?

I'm considering purchasing a 2019 Discovery with the Diesel, but I want the 5 passenger configuration, not the 7 passenger version. I know that the 5 passenger configuration is rare, as most dealers (and perhaps buyers) get the 7 passenger version. Thus, I know I may need to order it.

Does anyone here have a 2018 or 2019 Discovery/Diesel/5 passenger? If so, can you take a picture of the Tire/Load certificate in the driver's side door area and send it to me? I need that net Payload info for my towing calculations, and the local Dealer says they can't get that info even if I were to place an order----I'd only find it out when the vehicle arrives!!

Thank you.

Cheers,

Bryan

Old 04-01-2019, 03:00 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts

I have a 2018 in that configuration (5 Pax Td6). I'll take a photo and post it for you tomorrow. In this configuration you also get some great under the floor storage where the 3rd row would normally folds into for storage - huge bonus for recovery gear, first aid kit, seat covers, etc.

Old 04-01-2019, 04:24 PM
6th Gear

Thank you. I greatly appreciate it.

I was hoping there would be additional under floor storage without the 3rd row, but my local Dealer could not answer that question. They said, "Uh, I think that's where the spare tire would be and, no, you would not have room to store anything."

Does that underfloor storage area have a lock? That would be sweet if it does (my spouse's station wagon does), because I like being able to keep some of my fly fishing stuff out of sight and locked when I'm on the river or lake fishing.

Cheers,

Old 04-01-2019, 07:21 PM
4wd Low
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shannonlab
I'm considering purchasing a 2019 Discovery with the Diesel, but I want the 5 passenger configuration, not the 7 passenger version. I know that the 5 passenger configuration is rare, as most dealers (and perhaps buyers) get the 7 passenger version. Thus, I know I may need to order it.

Does anyone here have a 2018 or 2019 Discovery/Diesel/5 passenger? If so, can you take a picture of the Tire/Load certificate in the driver's side door area and send it to me? I need that net Payload info for my towing calculations, and the local Dealer says they can't get that info even if I were to place an order----I'd only find it out when the vehicle arrives!!

Thank you.

Cheers,

Bryan
The dealer in Rancho Mirage has a 5 pass Diesel that they are looking to sell in White. It is the showroom model and they were willing to make a good deal. I got a quote and was ready to go....until i realized it was a 5 pass. PM me if you want pricing details that i was quoted.

Old 04-01-2019, 07:30 PM
6th Gear

PM sent. Thank you.

Old 04-02-2019, 09:32 AM
Three Wheeling

Hope the photos help

Old 04-02-2019, 10:35 AM
6th Gear

Thank you.

And, the photos are indeed helpful. I appreciate it.

Cheers,

Bryan

Old 04-03-2019, 08:56 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Black 18 Disco
Hope the photos help
You are a prince among men for doing this. Question - is that cord with the red clip holding up the panel cover OEM/included or something you rigged up? My wife's TD6 is a 7 pass, so we wouldn't have that regardless I guess.

Old 04-03-2019, 10:28 AM
Three Wheeling

It was OEM. The under deck storage is great and most of the dealerships are totally unaware of what this configuration looks like or where the spare tire is located. Everyone gets excited about 7 PAX, but I had a 7 PAX vehicle for 10 years and put 7 people in it once. What I discovered is that the "way back seat" stayed down all the time and if something spilled in the cargo area it made a huge mess (think spilled milk). I was also hauling around 100 extra pounds of seat I didn't need and didn't have organized space to store essentials (first aid, recovery gear, foul weather seat covers, etc.). Ordering a 5 PAX configuration solved all those problems - Thank You Land Rover

The following users liked this post:
angelboing (10-26-2020)
Old 04-03-2019, 10:35 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,464 Likes on 1,195 Posts

I love the hidden floor storage in my LR3 5 seater. Never need the 7 seats myself so its a win in my book

Quick Reply: 2019 Discovery w/ Diesel and 5 passenger?