Sponsored by:

2023 Discovery basic questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2023, 07:52 PM
4th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2023 Discovery basic questions

Hello all. Any comments or suggestions welcome:
1) Is there any way to control the nav volume independently of the radio volume? In other cars I own when the nav is speaking you can adjust the volume relative to the radio, and it stays that way. In my Discovery, after you do that, the next time the nav speaks it's at the same volume again.
2) The auto temp settings don't really seem to function for the fan. There is a a separate section for adjusting the overall setting to very low, balanced and fast and powerful. Very low is essentially off and balanced barely sends air out of the dash vents. Fast and powerful is fine but then it's always at that level, so it's like there isn't an auto function at all, really just 3 speeds and two are very low.
3) Has anyone had the weather appear? Its been two months of ownership and alwayw says unavailable.

I can/will ask my dealer, but I find boards like this usually more accurate. Thanks.

Old 05-01-2023, 08:06 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

1. Yes adjust the volume while the navigation is speaking, I believe that sets it separately
2. Weather does go out a lot but usually shows up again. Dealers I believe have a software update
3. Of course besides the preset you noted " low, balanced, high" the "auto" button in themiddle of the upper section of the control panel works well for our 2023 , 2022 Discos

Old 05-08-2023, 04:50 AM
1st Gear

On the Nav volume, have the same issue on my 2022. Originally it worked where if you adjust the volume while the Nav is speaking it would remember the volume setting (the graphic above the volume level would show the Nav icon, confirming the Nav volume was being adjusted). But at some point after an update it no longer “remembers” any adjustments to Nav volume.

Have had similar weather app issues. First it worked and now just says unavailable. I think it changed after an update, but not sure.

Plan to ask the dealer next time it goes in.

The following users liked this post:
eelpout (08-03-2023)
Old 05-10-2023, 07:24 PM
Mudding
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

as far as I know, there is no way to get the Pivi Pro software to remember the nav volume once the car has shutdown. silly.

weather broke for me a couple months ago after some OTA update. used to work fine.

Last edited by eelpout; 05-10-2023 at 07:26 PM.
Old 07-28-2023, 06:08 PM
4th Gear

I waited five months and finally brought my 23.5 Metropolitan Edition Discovery in for a few things:

1) One touch drivers widow not working. They actually replaced the regulator and other parts in the passenger rear window due to a TSB, and the drivers window not working correctly but have request out to LR for help.
2) brake pedal squeak - of course not fhappening now when it's a 100 degrees, will see if returns when cooler weather does.
3) Was a recall for USB-c ports? But I didn't notice anything new/different
4) HVAC does not blow cold unless set to low. Fan system workings elude me. The auto setting does not appear to override anything, so when starting car from cold, most cars rev up fan. Mine does not, even though other setting (low, blended, fast and powerful) is set to fast and powerful, which it needs to be because there is no discernible fan power on the other settings. "Working as intended" according to tech. I don't know. We have a 2012 Ford escape. If you set that to 69 degrees, it's a meat locker. Same in our 2021 Q7. If I'm not below 66, it's like no AC. They said charge is fine. Anyone else experience this? Both my wife and I have to keep temp at 66 or lower, and manually increase fan to 6 or 7, so "auto" pointless. I know it's hot now, but been like this since day 1.
5) I have the intelligent fold seats. Hard to see how that name fits, because it is only possible to fold the second row from the cargo area of the touch screen, You cannot fold the second row seats from the second row. This is in the book, although I had to read it 5 times to make any sense of how they work, because it says fold but it doesn't mean fold flat but fold a little so you can slide forward to access the third row. You can dol the third row from the second row, and you can fold all seats from the cargo area or screen, just not the second row from the second row. This is weird and wrong, no matter what anyone says.
6) Cannot adjust nav volume independently of radio. My 2018 Discovery Sport could,. and all other cars I own can, but the Evoque loaner they gave me also worked like this, so I guess it is what it is. Feels like a tech miss to me.

These are all small issues, and I understand that, but I feel like there are several steps backwards from my previous LR, and certainly out of step with many other modern vehicles. This is my 4th LR, so I guess I'm a glutton for punishment, but you generally assume things stay the same or improve..

I posted this just to see if what I am experiencing, especially with HVAC, is what everyone else experiences. If so, then I'll let it go..

Old 07-28-2023, 07:28 PM
Mudding
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by DylanDisco
I waited five months and finally brought my 23.5 Metropolitan Edition Discovery in for a few things:

1) One touch drivers widow not working. They actually replaced the regulator and other parts in the passenger rear window due to a TSB, and the drivers window not working correctly but have request out to LR for help
huh, sometimes my '22's driver's window does this and one has to hold the button down to reset it because it actually has a memory setting. doing that always fixes the one touch for me. i assume that has been tried?

Old 07-28-2023, 07:58 PM
4th Gear

Thanks. They had the car for two weeks and are still waiting for a solution.

I forgot to say that they did get the westher working. Some other kind of update.

The following users liked this post:
eelpout (08-03-2023)