New Discovery V Talk about the new Land Rover Discovery 5
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2023 discovery - should I choose the 2.0 or 3.0?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2022, 12:05 AM
Mudding
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by sol5656
Did they say anything about certain options not being included in your model because of the chip shortage? Portland dealership told me wouldn't have HUD/360 camera/adaptive cruise control, etc. But that was a few months ago. I've been looking for CPO but half of them are busted up because dealerships are rushing them through servicing and refurbishing so I think I might switch to new.
We have an S R-Dynamic slated for a Mid-late April delivery, last possible spec change date is 1/26. Build-out has 360 & adaptive cruise control on it, but not interactive display.

Been pushing to get the interactive display, sounds like I might have to upgrade to the Metro for it. Hopefully the dealership will build out a Metro with the R Dynamic styling if I ask, grill, hood logo, darkened tail lights ect... Will find out late next week.

Old 01-07-2022, 12:14 AM
4wd Low
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ammonation
We have an S R-Dynamic slated for a Mid-late April delivery, last possible spec change date is 1/26. Build-out has 360 & adaptive cruise control on it, but not interactive display.

Been pushing to get the interactive display, sounds like I might have to upgrade to the Metro for it. Hopefully the dealership will build out a Metro with the R Dynamic styling if I ask, grill, hood logo, darkened tail lights ect... Will find out late next week.
The S model you have - is that p360 or p300? If p300 then there’s a big price difference with metro. Are you willing to pay so much to get the display?

Old 01-07-2022, 02:21 AM
Mudding

Originally Posted by figoland
The S model you have - is that p360 or p300? If p300 then there’s a big price difference with metro. Are you willing to pay so much to get the display?
What we had on order is the S R-Dynamic with the p360 engine. With all the options added, it might as well be considered an HSE that topped out around 77k and change.

So when building out a Metro with my options (most are included) I get the interactive display (yay!), heads up (could care less) and some other packages I don't really care about (heated steering wheel) for the extra 2k. I also get 22" rims standard though I am going to downgrade to 21"s and hopefully they can do the dynamic black out as mentioned.

This all assuming the dealer comes back next week and says Metro definitely has them. At the point at where this car costs, it better have everything I had wanted.

Old 01-10-2022, 06:26 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 160 Likes on 127 Posts

You may be surprised on the head-up display. I got it on my 2018 as a fun feature, but have to say it's truly excellent. My wife and I both love it. You get current speed and the speed limit side by side in front of you. Never have to look down. I think it's a great add!

The following users liked this post:
angelboing (01-11-2022)
Old 01-14-2022, 04:52 PM
4wd Low

The other dealer informed me today there’s no slot across the US for discovery in January. So at least I get a 3.0 allocated

Old 01-14-2022, 05:39 PM
Mudding

The other dealer informed me today there’s no slot across the US for discovery in January. So at least I get a 3.0 allocated
Not sure when we got slotted, but got out build out from the dealer today as we were asking about the interactive display. Which he said no 23 Discovery trim will have full interactive display.

Anyways, its slotted, last spec change is 1/19, 2/18 build date, 4/15 delivery.

Old 01-15-2022, 12:10 PM
4wd Low

It’s sad to hear no trim will get the interactive display! I guess it’s a good news for 21/22 model which get it as standard. I’m a bit worried about resale later but I really don’t feel like going for other 7 seater like Q7 though it has the audi virtual cockpit standard

I checked couple YouTube videos on discovery sport and snapped these screenshots on the analog. It’s not that bad (even can show navigation) although definitely feel like lower end. There’s no mentioning of this dash on Land Rover official website so this is probably the most extensive photos of the dash you can find on internet!

Old 01-15-2022, 08:31 PM
Mudding

It’s sad to hear no trim will get the interactive display! I guess it’s a good news for 21/22 model which get it as standard. I’m a bit worried about resale later but I really don’t feel like going for other 7 seater like Q7 though it has the audi virtual cockpit standard

I checked couple YouTube videos on discovery sport and snapped these screenshots on the analog. It’s not that bad (even can show navigation) although definitely feel like lower end. There’s no mentioning of this dash on Land Rover official website so this is probably the most extensive photos of the dash you can find on internet!

Yea, its not terrible. But its not what you expect to get on a 75k car.

They can say chip shortage all they want, but you can still go buy a computer from Dell or a TV from Samsung with no problem. They just weren't willing to eat the cost of what it would take to secure a chip at a higher cost, company has a market 15.25 billion so its not like its Johns Land Rover shop building these on main street in Kansas.

Old 03-26-2022, 05:38 PM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry

Found it on aliexpres already.
But € 2.384,25 is quite a bit more than what I'd be willing to pay it was 700€ option on base MY22.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003346271827.html

Old 03-26-2022, 05:48 PM
Mudding

Originally Posted by foxie
Found it on aliexpres already.
But € 2.384,25 is quite a bit more than what I'd be willing to pay it was 700€ option on base MY22.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003346271827.html
Pretty sure you can get a brand new OEM for $1600 if you do some digging. Believe I saw one sight that had it don't have it bookmarked.

Also, you can buy a used one on eBay. BUT I have been told used ones are locked by VIN and require programming. Which I have not found anyone that can definitely confirm it can be done on a used display.

We locked up a new HSE so luckily it has the Interactive Display.

Quick Reply: 2023 discovery - should I choose the 2.0 or 3.0?