Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Annoying Things About My Disco

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 10:09 PM
Drifting
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Annoying Things About My Disco

While I am super happy with my Disco (6 months into owning it), there are a couple of annoyances that could be easily overcome with software updates (but that currently are not available):
  1. When I open the rear hatch with the button on the liftgate, I would like the rest of the car to unlock.
  2. When I open the rear hatch with the button on the liftgate, I would like the tray to come down as well. I'm fully aware that if I open the hatch with the remote, that the tray will come down, but I don't feel that I should always have to reach into my pocket to open the hatch.
  3. I would like my last-used start-stop setting to be remembered - in other words, if I turn off the option, I would like it to remain off the next time I start the car. I get that they are doing this for fuel economy, but it has a negligible impact.
  4. I would like a compass somewhere in the car aside from having to use 1/3 of my navigation display for a large, dedicated compass (which makes the map part of the screen smaller)
  5. More aggressive throttle, removing the lag!
  6. I don't have the latest media interface software (I am still in 17c) and I am happy with what I have. I have no issues with the interface. I find the ability to customize a home screen to be very valuable. One enhancement - I would like my customized home screen to be the default home screen when I turn on the car.
As I said, I am very pleased with my car - just a few comfort items would make my daily experience better!

Old 02-26-2019, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,465 Likes on 1,196 Posts

I wonder if any that is a programmable item

Old 02-26-2019, 08:14 AM
Drifting

This is my first landrover - are these cars self programmable (like BMWs)?

Old 02-26-2019, 08:52 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My biggest gripe is that you cannot see the music/radio when navigating. So if you want to *see* the music you cannot navigate. Don't those two sound pretty hand-in-hand?

Old 02-26-2019, 09:13 AM
Drifting

I'm fairly happy with my screen setup. For my screen behind the steering wheel, I have dual custom display with music/media on the left and the map on the right (with single dial in the middle). On my main media display, I keep my custom home screen on and it allows me to quickly make a call via speed dial, switch to a favorite station, enter address for navigation and quickly jump to any of the larger screens.

For trip computer, I use the Eco display as it tells me the relevant trip information. Lastly, in the small window at the bottom of the main dash, I program it to be miles to empty .

The only thing I am lacking in the current setup is the Artist playing - I see the channel and song name only in the dash display behind the steering wheel.

Old 02-26-2019, 09:36 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 99 Likes on 72 Posts

My old-man, antiquated thought for the day:

If all the fancy electronics aren't easily customizeable and upgradeable by the user, what's the point of having them? Might as well have analog buttons, dials and levers..

Old 02-26-2019, 09:52 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 87 Likes on 67 Posts

Would be great if these can be owner programmed. Many cars have various options that can be owner programmed, but they tend not to be well documented.

I especially would like the Auto-Start feature to be permanently disabled, and the lag issue to be resolved.

Old 02-26-2019, 05:22 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 229 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by preeble
I'm fairly happy with my screen setup. For my screen behind the steering wheel, I have dual custom display with music/media on the left and the map on the right (with single dial in the middle). On my main media display, I keep my custom home screen on and it allows me to quickly make a call via speed dial, switch to a favorite station, enter address for navigation and quickly jump to any of the larger screens.

For trip computer, I use the Eco display as it tells me the relevant trip information. Lastly, in the small window at the bottom of the main dash, I program it to be miles to empty .

The only thing I am lacking in the current setup is the Artist playing - I see the channel and song name only in the dash display behind the steering wheel.

Any idea how you programmed the: screen behind the steering wheel, with dual custom display with music/media on the left and the map on the right (with single dial in the middle). I know how to change this screen but don't know how you got it to show two halves (music and map) at same time?

Old 02-26-2019, 09:01 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Agree on several points...
Tailgate... on the little shelf. I end up just pushing it down by hand...
Last used setting, would be nice..
Accel lag!
Software is horrible.
I'll add...When it's below freezing, the heated wheel and seats should go on...or at least be able to be activated using the app...Who the hell needs the seats be put down remotely anyways?

Old 02-26-2019, 09:28 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ponderosajack
Any idea how you programmed the: screen behind the steering wheel, with dual custom display with music/media on the left and the map on the right (with single dial in the middle). I know how to change this screen but don't know how you got it to show two halves (music and map) at same time?
It is actually pretty easy - using the steering wheel control, access the menu - I believe it is the display menu and then display layout and choose one dial. Around that same area you can then select what info to show on the left and right of the display. There are a bunch of neat options. Media and map is what worked best for me.

Quick Reply: Annoying Things About My Disco