Sponsored by:

Apple Car Play....

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2018, 02:14 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Short cord...

Originally Posted by Disco V
I paid $300 to have CarPlay installed and I love it. I'm with you on the LR system...I really enjoy it as well, but do like to have Waze on the big screen for long trips. Also, the text function is better in CarPlay than through the LR systm and having SIRI available all the time is nice too (as long as SIRI is in the mood to actually provide assistance). This alone made the price worth it. I do toggle between CarPlay and the LR screens often. All in all I am very happy with pplunking down the $300 for CarPlay, although it is an inconvenience to have to plug into the USB every time I get into the car in order to have CarPlay enabled. I don't like the sight of cords hanging out and I prefer to just keep my phone tucked away in my pocket rather than having to get it out every time. A wireless connection would be awesome. 1st world problem, I know, but it's akin to no longer having to take the car key out of my pocket to run the car.
FYI, I went on Amazon...(I don't like cords all over the place) and bought a couple of 8" cords for my Iphone. They are long enough to reach the cupholders in which I have my cell holder.

The following users liked this post:
DeckB (12-14-2018)