New Discovery V Talk about the new Land Rover Discovery 5
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

boot opened with a gesture

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2019, 11:54 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

When you are in the car and/or very near it, such that the key is sensed, any correct motion under the sensor will open the tailgate. Nothing else can be done for your problem short of getting rid of the cat!!

Any car you buy with this capability will work the same way. I checked with my Lincoln: I am in the car, wife swipes foot to get at the groceries, up it comes; swipes again, down it goes.

My 13 RRS HSE worked the same way!

Enough

Old 12-11-2019, 01:07 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 238 Likes on 166 Posts

Good luck with your lawsuit. I suggest you buy a 100 percent trouble free vehicle from another manufacturer when you find that perfect vehicle.
We all though you wanted help, but you just want an audience to complain to.

Old 12-11-2019, 02:34 PM
Drifting
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ponderosajack
Good luck with your lawsuit. I suggest you buy a 100 percent trouble free vehicle from another manufacturer when you find that perfect vehicle.
We all though you wanted help, but you just want an audience to complain to.

I thanked you for your help. You don't understand the problem. Either you are very rich and you have somewhere, or someone simply deprived you of a large amount of money, selling you a damaged car instead of a new one, or - and unfortunately you have to use harsh words, you can not explain that it is stupid to let yourself be fooled in broad daylight and thank you for that. I am curious who will pay for the time that the car stood on the site of one of the forum users. It stood there three months a year. if he worked as a taxi driver, how much would he lose at that time? Do you understand the comparison? A new car cannot be sold damaged, then it is not a new car

Old 12-11-2019, 04:41 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts

Your car isn’t damaged (gesture wise), there is a design flaw that shows itself under certain rare situations. No engineering in the world is perfect, and you won’t get anywhere with a lawsuit.
You could buy a Rolls Royce and problems could still happen.
A friend of mine bought a supposedly super reliable and respectful Toyota Land Cruiser and the engine blew. It happens.
Pull the fuse out and stop moaning.

Old 12-12-2019, 02:36 AM
Drifting
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by LoneStarLR
Your car isn’t damaged (gesture wise), there is a design flaw that shows itself under certain rare situations. No engineering in the world is perfect, and you won’t get anywhere with a lawsuit.
You could buy a Rolls Royce and problems could still happen.
A friend of mine bought a supposedly super reliable and respectful Toyota Land Cruiser and the engine blew. It happens.
Pull the fuse out and stop moaning.
Finally, understand that this is not about complaining. Nowhere in the sales contract, there is information that I can't have a cat or dog, buying the boot opening gesture by gesture So I paid for it. If there was a notification in the contract, I would not have bought this option and would still have $ 1,000 in my pocket. It's easy, you understand?
The fuses in the car cannot be interfered with under warranty. It may lose it. Read about it. Greetings.

Old 12-12-2019, 08:07 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,590 Likes on 1,306 Posts

No where in the owners manual does it state that you can’t have a dog or cat trained to open the boot for you you either. I would suggest you have some extremely talented local animals and should employ them. With a bit of further training you will be the only person with working gesture control and animals trained to do it for you.

Being serious I think you are making a big deal out of small matter. I know a lot of the rant feel is simply software translation not conveying the nuances between our languages.

W żadnym miejscu instrukcji obsługi nie ma stwierdzenia, że nie można przeszkolić psa ani kota, aby otworzył bagażnik. Sugerowałbym, że masz bardzo utalentowane lokalne zwierzęta i powinieneś je zatrudnić. Po odrobinie dalszego szkolenia będziesz jedyną osobą z działającą kontrolą gestów i zwierzętami przeszkolonymi do wykonywania tego za Ciebie.

Mówiąc poważnie, myślę, że robisz wielką sprawę z drobnej materii. Wiem, że wiele z tych rantów to po prostu tłumaczenie oprogramowania, które nie przenosi niuansów między naszymi językami.

Old 12-12-2019, 11:20 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ENOUGH!

This is a non-issue.