Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Confused on used 2018 window stickers

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2020, 02:04 PM
3rd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Confused on used 2018 window stickers

I've been looking around at used 2018 Land Rover Discovery HSE Luxury vehicles. I'm confused on one of the window stickers for a vehicle I like (screenshot included). I've been interested in models with the 'Drive Pro Package' and 'Vision Assist Package'. I like the 'Drive Pro Package' for the lane keep system, I don't particularly care for the "advanced" adaptive cruise control and think the regular cruise control will work just fine for me. However, this one vehicle I'm looking at has just the 'Drive Package', but has a separate line for 'Lane Departure Warning'. What's the difference between the lane keep that's part of the 'Drive Pro Package', and just the 'Lane Departure Warning'.

Also, with these features, would cooled seats be included? What about massage seats? I've seen and gotten conflicting information from dealerships, but wasn't sure if those features are standard on a 2018 HSE Luxury. A lot of these vehicles are really far from my home so I can't go check them out until I'm ready to buy.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Old 05-17-2020, 09:45 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Easiest way to tell is by looking at the inside pictures. Do you have a link to the for sale ad?

Old 05-17-2020, 09:53 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

From Edmunds for the '18 model...

Going with the
HSE Luxury gets you the third row of seats, which increases capacity to seven. It also includes an air suspension, a two-speed transfer case with low-range gearing, power-folding third-row seats, configurable ambient interior lighting, premium leather upholstery, additional leather trim, upgraded power front seats with winged headrests, heated front and second-row seats, power-sliding and -reclining second-row seats, a heated steering wheel, and a 14-speaker Meridian premium surround-sound system.

Many features on higher-trimmed Discovery models are available on supporting trims at additional cost. Other options for HSE and HSE Lux models include the
Vision Assist package, which adds adaptive headlights, LED running lights, automatic high beams, a surround-view camera system and auto-dimming exterior mirrors. The Drive package brings blind-spot monitoring with rear cross-traffic alert, a drowsy driver warning system, a speed limiter and a traffic sign reader. And the Drive Pro package includes the features from the Drive package plus adaptive cruise control, reverse traffic detection and lane departure intervention.

Old 05-17-2020, 10:01 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

If you have pictures of the steering wheel you can clearly see if it has the driver assist pro package or not

Old 05-17-2020, 10:38 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 237 Likes on 165 Posts

If you get 21 inch wheels it will be really hard to get off road tires if that's important to you.

Old 05-17-2020, 11:55 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 87 Likes on 67 Posts

Last I checked the Lane departure warning will just warn you on the IP if you are drifting out of your lane. Lane keep assist you can set to either gently steer you back in the lane or to give you bump feed on the steering wheel similar to the warning bumps they pit on the side of some freeways.

My wife loves the lane keep assist feature after I set it to gently steer back in the lane.

Old 05-18-2020, 07:08 AM
Mudding
Received 67 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by ponderosajack
If you get 21 inch wheels it will be really hard to get off road tires if that's important to you.
Finding a new set of 20" wheels is a lot easier than finding the right used D5 with the options you want. I looked for a couple of months and finally capitulated to ordering the specific one that I wanted.

Old 05-18-2020, 09:24 AM
3rd Gear

Thanks for the information provided so far. I've included the listing below. Finding one with the right options has been quite the pain. I'll probably be flying somewhere and driving it back home to MD, as I haven't found what I wanted anywhere nearby. Really trying to save a buck by going with a used purchase, but that makes it tough to be picky.

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ngId=551468077

I definitely prefer to be steered back in my lane rather than just an alert. I suppose both are effective, but I appreciate the handling of the steering for those split moments of distraction.

Old 05-18-2020, 09:26 AM
3rd Gear

I just now noticed the arrows showing adaptive cruise control on the steering wheel on another vehicle. The one I linked above does NOT have adaptive cruise control. Life saver info there, THANKS!

Old 05-22-2020, 05:58 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 152 Likes on 123 Posts

I'd strongly recommend drive pro. The lane keep assist to nudge you back into the lane is great. I personally find the other setting where it will buzz the wheel if you're drifting to be a real pain as quite often you need to cross the line to Eg get past an obstruction and the buzzing is irritating!