Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Feedback on Options for a 2018 HSE

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2021, 10:48 AM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feedback on Options for a 2018 HSE

Hi everyone, new member, and hopefully a Discovery 5 owner in the near future here! I did a bunch of searching and would love some of your expert opinions on what to look for, or what might be missing, for a 2018 HSE I'm looking at. I know people have been vocal about recommending 4 zone climate, tow package and adaptive cruise, but I'm not sure if this model is missing anything I'd regret not having later.

Here are the specs:
2018 HSE
Advanced Tow Assist / Trailer Hitch
Drive Pro
Vision Assist / 360 Parking
Capability Plus
Park Assist
7 seat package
Meridian Premium Sound
Dynamic Package

It also looks like I should confirm whether it's had the windshield leak issue addressed and if the nav can be upgraded for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay. Anything else to check beyond that?

Huge thanks for the help!

Old 01-26-2021, 11:55 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts

Luxury Climate Comfort Package might be the name for the one which includes heated windshield, mirrors, washer jets, steering wheel, cooled front and 2nd row seats, heated 3rd row and I guess the 4 zone cooling.

There is also a Remote Intelligent Seat Fold package for powered folding.

Even with all the packages there are additional options like a cooler in the center console, heads up display and more.

Possibly on the 18my they don’t do the dashboard as a screen and you have analogue gauges instead, I don’t remember...

Last edited by LoneStarLR; 01-26-2021 at 11:57 AM.
Old 01-26-2021, 12:36 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts

I believe that MY17 was the only year with analog gauges.

The Disco you're looking at seems nicely optioned with the things that matter. Definitely get 4 Zone climate.

Old 01-26-2021, 07:46 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 152 Likes on 123 Posts

Looks like a well equipped vehicle. Maybe I missed it - does it have the 4 zone AC?
Check the windshield for sure - they all seem to leak in the end...
It can have android auto / CarPlay (wired, not wireless) but they have to install the 'cell phone pack' or something like that. In theory they charge a few hundred dollars to do it but mine did it for free (at an annual service) and others have done the same.

Drive pro has the adaptive cruise which is great and I think the lane keep assist too

I got the head up display which is excellent - but few were optioned with it so I wouldn't hold out for that

The following users liked this post:
angelboing (01-27-2021)
Old 01-27-2021, 12:06 PM
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, all! The vehicle does have the 4 zone AC, it has the nav upgrade for carplay/android auto, the digital gauge cluster, luxury climate comfort (heated/cooled seats) and the remote intelligent seat fold pack. It doesn't have the HUD or the cooled console bin. It hasn't had the windshield replaced. The dealer agreed to do that before delivering, but the parts are on backorder and it's unclear when the fix would be possible.

My wife has mixed feelings about the size (she currently has a small acura rdx, but it's the trade for the 3rd row/room) and the fuel efficiency (her rdx has equally poor mpg). I really liked the car when I drove it, so we'll need to decide if the trade offs are worth it.

Old 01-27-2021, 12:36 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts

Sounds like a very nicely specc'd vehicle!

The HUD isn't that big of a deal and there's mixed emotions on the cooled console bin. I have it and find it not really up to the task.

For a three row SUV, it's actually not that huge. Particularly when you consider that the third row is actually useable by adults if need be. Where I think this vehicle really shines in on long trips. It is amazingly comfortable, stable and responsive. We take multiple 10+ hour trips a year and it is simply superb.

Enjoy.

gmfain (01-27-2021)
Old 01-27-2021, 06:21 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts

I don’t have the HUD or the cooler (I didn’t actually want that anyway as it doesn’t run when the car is off making it next to useless for me so I have a real Engel compressor fridge/freezer in the trunk).

The only other item I don’t have is the rear locker although I doubt I would ever put the vehicle into a situation that would need it.

Would be nice to have the tow package if we ever get a travel trailer but that can always be added.

i found it to be a massive vehicle when I test drive it and for the first couple of weeks, but now I’m used to it and I second the long trip comfort, I drive to Houston and back in a day so around 8 hours and not only was I not tired I didn’t even shift in my seat at all. Wonderful touring vehicle...

angelboing (01-28-2021)