Rock Crawling
Received 87 Likes on 67 Posts

Glad the code is gone.
Hope it stays gone, maybe it is a good excuse for you to get more seat time 😉

Old 05-04-2020, 03:53 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Ha, same thing I told the ole lady.

I drive a 2002 Tacoma. Great condition but . . . a 2002 Tacoma.

It makes body parts hurt if you drive it enough.

Old 05-15-2020, 06:39 PM
Rock Crawling

Well, I guess it ain't the ground wire after all. The wife got stranded for the 3rd time today. Combined with not being able to get anyone on the phone at this worthless dealership, I've had it. As I've said before, if that part was Covid related, I'd likely be a bit more understanding. I have learned they only have 3 people even working in the Jaguar/Landrover dealership here. A sales advisor that is also the sales manager. A service advisor that is also the service manager. And ONE tech back in the shop. But, today, I could not get anyone on the line at LandroverUSA either. I ended up calling the main line for all the different brands and demanded that SOMEONE walk down to the Jag/LR building and have someone call me NOW! That took 1/2 hour.

I'm going to give them 2 weeks because we went almost 15K miles without a single complaint and this is ALL the same problem so it really is not the vehicle's fault. But your wife getting stranded 3 times in just over a month is unacceptable. Not like it goes into limp mode where she could get to the dealer or home, just slowly. Numerous system malfunctions and barely able to get it out of traffic. Could not even put it in park when she got up in the Dillons parking lot. Then it died and nothing worked.

I can get the attached for $65K.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Build your own T6 Volvo.pdf (343.0 KB, 62 views)

Last edited by canon_mutant; 05-15-2020 at 06:42 PM.
Old 05-15-2020, 09:26 PM
Rock Crawling

That’s a pisser!!!
Leaving you or your wife stranded is not acceptable, especially so many times.

Old 05-15-2020, 10:32 PM
Rock Crawling

I don't know, maybe I should try the OKC dealership service once at least before I punt was has otherwise been a great vehicle.

This is clearly more of a dealership problem than a vehicle problem. Although whatever this is is a serious gremlin.

Old 05-22-2020, 12:41 AM
Rock Crawling

Well, a week later, no news beyond the dealer has a HELP ticket now with Landrover (UK).

Old 05-29-2020, 10:12 PM
Rock Crawling

Took 4 layers of management but I finally got told that "JLR Engineering is actively involved" in our 3rd time electrical dysfunction soon entering week 3 at the dealer. I'd actually like to go over there and debug the thing myself. Not claiming to be a "know it all" but, retired electrical and systems engineer, I do know a few things. But, guess what? That's not allowed . . .

I'm shocked!

Old 05-30-2020, 12:13 AM
Rock Crawling

That just sucks.
Crazy they can’t get it figured out.

Old 06-01-2020, 05:47 PM
Rock Crawling

Anyone tried to contact LRUSA lately? Impossible. I'm still trying to get reimbursed from the Enterprise rental on the 2nd trip because my dealer did not have any loaners. Always get 1/2 hour or more ETA wait time. I stayed on speaker one day and waited nearly an hour and no one ever picked up. Hit option 2 to leave a message and the system hung up on me.

Again trying to be patient over Covid but this problem existed LONG before Covid hit.

I just escalated to the General Manager of the entire dealership.

Old 06-04-2020, 09:46 PM
Rock Crawling

Well, guess I have to threaten "lemon law" here. Another week lost. Not getting calls returned from the dealer. LandroverUSA doesn't even pick up. I did finally get an email from a dude wanting to help me on the rental car reimbursement but, after sending him all the info he asked for, not a peep.

I get it. We have a pandemic going on. But, I know this [NOT] service problem existed at this dealer 8 months ago trying to get our first oil change. LandroverUSA can still answer the damn telephone even if socially distanced or done remotely.

This is STILL just one single problem though. Not the Disco's fault. We have driven 15K and finally had one problem crop up. Sadly, this problem will leave you stranded so it is more than just an inconvenience but it is still just one problem.

Wife doesn't care. She'll gladly drive a Volvo again. I'm the one that likes turbo diesel torque, mpgs, and playing offroad.

Last edited by canon_mutant; 06-04-2020 at 10:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Finally had a problem