New Discovery V Talk about the new Land Rover Discovery 5
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A good price for a lease on Discovery 20/21?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2020, 09:10 AM
Overlanding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default A good price for a lease on Discovery 20/21?

Trying to figure out what a good deal is on a monthly payment for a new 20 or 21 Discovery HSE or HSE Luxury.
I know I could go through all the calculations of getting the residual value, rent charge, money factor etc, but it would be much easier to hear that: "for this vehicle, priced at (for example) $65K, a very good deal on a monthly payment would be $X".
(because after all, on a lease, all that really matters is the monthly payment, correct?)

Old 11-13-2020, 09:27 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts

See how much money you can get off and how low you can get the money factor.
Other than that it’s what is comfortable and value to you but if it helps:
The MSRP on mine was just under $75k with a residual of something like $43k on 36 months and 30k miles and the monthly works out at just over $600.
But the company I work for has a staff discount on JLR vehicles so it wasn’t $75k and I doubled the down payment. You will obviously negotiate whatever discount yourself and it’ll probably be similar to what I got automatically. Money factor was around 0.0014 if I remember correctly which isn’t amazing by any stretch given I have perfect credit, but there is some Texas rule on a certain number of leased vehicles per year that a dealership gets a tax credit on (which otherwise would have been 6.25% or something like that) and that all helped get the monthly down. I don’t remember the exact details of that last bit but during the negotiation the dealership upped the money factor from what was negotiated and applied the credits instead which resulted in a lower payment for me and more money in their pocket so we both won.

Last edited by LoneStarLR; 11-13-2020 at 09:34 PM.
Old 11-18-2020, 03:48 PM
Mudding
Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Dealers love folks that just focus on the monthly payment. If you don't want to do the math, have you considered a broker?

Old 11-20-2020, 08:59 AM
Overlanding

If I know the general ballpark of where a lease is going to be, the only thing that matters is the monthly payment since I'm leasing and not buying. The dealer can do whatever they want with residual value, rent charge, money factor, etc, but no matter what they do, the monthly lease number is all that matters. They're not going to lease it to me at a number that doesn't make sense for them just as I'm not going to give them a monthly payment that's unrealistic.

Old 11-20-2020, 11:14 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 102 Likes on 74 Posts

Are you looking to put zero down?

Old 11-20-2020, 11:15 AM
Overlanding

Originally Posted by TexasLandmark
Are you looking to put zero down?
yes, $0 down, 12k/yr miles, 36 mos

Old 11-20-2020, 11:52 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 102 Likes on 74 Posts

Landroverusa.com has a decent lease calculator. Lets you specify how much down and select 10k,12k,15k mileage. HSE lux is likely gonna be more than 10% above 705 unless you can work some magic with the dealership... but don't let the numbers on the rover site scare you too much... they will work with you at the dealer. I bet you could squeeze in to a Landmark with tow package under 800 a month lease though. I dropped my numbers with the nearest rover dealer (have three in town but all owned by same conglomerate) and was pleasantly surprised that they met my purchase needs. Current lease and finance deals are on schedule to change 11/30... no idea if there will be more incentives after then... your dealership may enlighten you... or not... I've had excellent service with ours but when you add in humans, you never know how a dealership may be. We cross shopped the LX and GX... the rover dealer was handsdown better than the Lexus dealer... and the Disco is lightyears ahead of the Lexus in every respect.

Copy and paste from another thread in case you missed it.
cliff notes. Do lease calculator on landroverusa.com and then have give the dealer a reasonable offer that you are happy with. They'll meet it or not. Walk if you aren't comfortable. Mine was accepted and they didn't rebuff me and I went 9% under on total vehicle cost.