Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HSE Lux Ambient light resets and Navigation stops after using Carplay

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2019, 10:59 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 87 Likes on 67 Posts
Default HSE Lux Ambient light resets and Navigation stops after using Carplay

On our HSE Lux the Ambient light settings seem to return to default every time after we use Carplay.
I like to set it to Red with a lower intensity, but it returns to White at normal brightness every time after we used Carplay.
Anybody else notice this?

Also if we use the Nav system to guide us and you plug in Carplay the Nav stops the current route guidance. Pretty annoying. I like the OEM nav sometimes as it shows the turns on the IP with lanes to use, but as soon as the iPhone gets plugged in it stops and you have to set up the detonation again.

Old 01-14-2019, 01:20 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by andries
On our HSE Lux the Ambient light settings seem to return to default every time after we use Carplay.
I like to set it to Red with a lower intensity, but it returns to White at normal brightness every time after we used Carplay.

Also if we use the Nav system to guide us and you plug in Carplay the Nav stops the current route guidance. Pretty annoying. I like the OEM nav sometimes as it shows the turns on the IP with lanes to use, but as soon as the iPhone gets plugged in it stops and you have to set up the detonation again.
I sure hope you have time to clear the area before it goes off!

On a more serious note, we have an HSE Lux. Let me try to check those things and get back to you...

Old 01-14-2019, 01:29 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 87 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by 2019D5
I sure hope you have time to clear the area before it goes off!

On a more serious note, we have an HSE Lux. Let me try to check those things and get back to you...
Have to love autocorrect

Thx, interested to see if others have the same issue. Nothing major, but these things are annoying. Seems like there are many smaller issues with the SW.

Old 01-14-2019, 01:58 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Yup..

Have to love autocorrect

Thx, interested to see if others have the same issue. Nothing major, but these things are annoying. Seems like there are many smaller issues with the SW.
Same issues here....BUT... Also mine seems to change things sometimes just by using the remote start app. I really wish they would just be normal and use a remote fob to start sometimes...And...as far as the Apple play goes, I am to the point of not even using it.

Old 01-14-2019, 03:48 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I think this might be expected behavior, but I don't know that for a fact. By using CarPlay, I believe you are essentially choosing that platform for music, navigation, phone, etc.

Old 06-02-2019, 07:03 PM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my recent experience

I recently got updated to the Apple Car Play latest version (i have a D5 HSE 2017), and while everything is working very good so far using Apple Car play capabilities, i recently noticed that the LR Navigation System is not operating well. On the LR Nav System, the D5 location is stuck at the Dealership (where the car was serviced) and i cannot change it. I recently updated the map (following the Land Rover website instruction) thinking it was going to fix it but the update did not change the current status.

On a curious aspect, the Land Rover APP is documenting the D5 Journey accurately. So i can confirm the D5 GPS is working well.

Does anyone has experience this?? I will schedule a service with the dealer very soon!!

Old 06-05-2019, 07:02 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Didn't want to start a new thread over this but the last 2 IOS updates have wiped out all my MP3s. Since I've got like 25GB of music, it's a bit of a pisser given the time it takes to re-sync. Anyone else seen this? Or, is there yet another super secret "don't wipe out my MP3s during IOS updates" setting I have not found? The few Itunes on my 7+ are never affected. I'm suspecting an anti-MP3 conspiracy . . .

I also cannot seem to put MP3s on the car but I've only driven it 4 times. Man, the wife LOVES this thing.

Struggling to get any saddle time . . .

Last edited by canon_mutant; 06-05-2019 at 08:05 PM.