Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Laggy Accelerator Fix?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2019, 10:10 AM
Overlanding
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho123
Thanks for your note....It gives me some food for thought. Mine is a Lux but has a few add on's which brought the sticker to $74,000. They found a $3,000 rebate so I paid about $71,000 Soooo...If I REALLY like the LR4 which I haven't driven or looked at yet....I guess I would go 15K and my car....
I'll post as I go thru the process.
sounds really similar to mine- I had the Lux, HUD, laser guided cruise control (which was so buggy that I turned it off), lane keep assist (also turned it off), the interior mood light color would reset after about 10 engine starts, roof rails, black wheels, etc. I thought I would love all the technology stuff- but really didn't use most of it or it was buggy enough that I turned it off.

happy to help with my thoughts/suggestions as you go through the process!

The following users liked this post:
Groucho123 (04-25-2019)
Old 04-29-2019, 02:30 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow I just went through this thread because I signed up today and it seems pretty sad this is happening. I have a 2017 D5 SI6. I haven’t noticed it that much the lag but when I think about it there is a very small amount. It’s not enough for me to notice it though and I’m pretty particular. I came from a 2017 F pace but I got a couple kids and decided to go bigger. I overall love the D5 but I have had it in service twice in the last three weeks due to a severely Leaking windshield. I should find out tomorrow what they’re going to do with the windshield, I was told the 2017 was not on the recall.
When everyone on this thread is getting rid of their D5’s are these all just trade-ins? Or any dealerships actually just taking them back?
I was wondering if this problem with the accelerator was serious enough that they would consider exploring the lemon law. I really like it and I want to keep it but if these problems are surfacing so frequently I may consider getting rid of it, but the amount I paid for it a trade-in would give me a severe hit that I would not want to takE. I have a D5 HSE with only about 6800 miles

The following users liked this post:
Groucho123 (04-29-2019)
Old 04-29-2019, 02:38 PM
Three Wheeling

Also sorry to break thread topic but people are claiming on this thread they are getting cars like the Range Rover Valare, a jaguar F type or another disco as a loaner car. My dealership here in Torrance California ( which happens to be brand new)will only give us bone stock one or two-year-old Jaguar XE. The only option these have his cruise control it’s pretty depressing. Anybody else have the same experience I would like to consider going to another dealership but everything else is a hike from my house.

Old 04-29-2019, 09:35 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Yup..

Originally Posted by Loriebluedico5
Wow I just went through this thread because I signed up today and it seems pretty sad this is happening. I have a 2017 D5 SI6. I haven’t noticed it that much the lag but when I think about it there is a very small amount. It’s not enough for me to notice it though and I’m pretty particular. I came from a 2017 F pace but I got a couple kids and decided to go bigger. I overall love the D5 but I have had it in service twice in the last three weeks due to a severely Leaking windshield. I should find out tomorrow what they’re going to do with the windshield, I was told the 2017 was not on the recall.
When everyone on this thread is getting rid of their D5’s are these all just trade-ins? Or any dealerships actually just taking them back?
I was wondering if this problem with the accelerator was serious enough that they would consider exploring the lemon law. I really like it and I want to keep it but if these problems are surfacing so frequently I may consider getting rid of it, but the amount I paid for it a trade-in would give me a severe hit that I would not want to takE. I have a D5 HSE with only about 6800 miles

A few of us went to the NSB website and reported...If you can that would be great. LR has been promising an update for almost a year now....They know about it.

Old 05-02-2019, 08:54 AM
Drifting
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Loriebluedico5
Also sorry to break thread topic but people are claiming on this thread they are getting cars like the Range Rover Valare, a jaguar F type or another disco as a loaner car. My dealership here in Torrance California ( which happens to be brand new)will only give us bone stock one or two-year-old Jaguar XE. The only option these have his cruise control it’s pretty depressing. Anybody else have the same experience I would like to consider going to another dealership but everything else is a hike from my house.
Hi Lorie,
I have had quite a range of loaners from Rusnak in Anaheim Hills. It's a bit of a drive for me as well.

Old 05-02-2019, 09:28 AM
Three Wheeling

I may check out Anaheim Hills. They are just super slow in Torrance. Thanks for the info. The problem with TORRANCE is the outsource the loaners to Enterprise.

Old 05-04-2019, 12:45 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

My dealer in Albany NY, also owns a Volvo dealership next door...Kinda odd..but they say they have 25-30 loaners. Most are Jag velars... only 2 D-5's which they are replacing with Jag's.
Probly because no one is buying the Jag's...I know I wouldn't.

Old 05-23-2019, 10:46 AM
Overlanding
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Acceleration Issue FIXED!!!

Happy to say that my rolling stop/acceleration lag issue has been resolved. The latest software update released on May 12 addressed the known issue of acceleration lag Discovery owners have been experiencing. Make your appointments with your dealer to get the update. Best of luck, everyone.

Old 05-23-2019, 10:53 AM
Drifting
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hope it does it...made the LR appt

Old 05-23-2019, 12:04 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Zags
Happy to say that my rolling stop/acceleration lag issue has been resolved. The latest software update released on May 12 addressed the known issue of acceleration lag Discovery owners have been experiencing. Make your appointments with your dealer to get the update. Best of luck, everyone.
Wow that's great. What's new software version number please? Want to make sure to specify when I make the appt.

Quick Reply: Laggy Accelerator Fix?