New Discovery V Talk about the new Land Rover Discovery 5
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LR Disco V AEB clarification - Need help please

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 10:26 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'll add that my Discovery came with 21" wheels (fitted with Pirelli scoprpion verde tires) it's buttery smooth. Stating that 21" wheels will always have vibration is BS.

Old 11-16-2018, 10:31 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by andries
In the owners manual they state the speeds and types of emergencies it was designed for. Also check to see if you have forward facing cameras.

Land Rover Owner Information
Hi Andries, many thanks for the response. I do have a forward facing camera. The owners manual says that AEB will work between speeds 3 mph - 50 mph. Attached picture from the manual for reference.

Old 11-16-2018, 11:17 AM
Overlanding
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SoCalWiley
I'll add that my Discovery came with 21" wheels (fitted with Pirelli scoprpion verde tires) it's buttery smooth. Stating that 21" wheels will always have vibration is BS.
Thanks SoCalWiley. The delare ship is so unprofessional and in a denial state. Quoting their own theories/explanation for AEB and the vibration.

Old 11-17-2018, 01:25 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Out of round tires or bent rim..

Originally Posted by rsquare
Hi Brit cars, need your input/advice. I just came back from the dealer after my 3rd visit to the dealer in the last 2 months. Went to the dealer for the same vibration issue. So far, my car has been in the work shop for more than a month (if you consolidate all the time frames)

- The last time they changed all the 4 tires they did a road force balance(RFB) test and mentioned that the settings are with in specs. They were able to fix the vibration issue up-to 80%.
- I took the car back to the dealership for 2 complaints - Now, slight vibration between 67-74 MPH and the AEB issue.
- They are giving all vague reasons that the vibration is due to size of the tires and the RFB test came out with in specs (attached the latest report) and the car is working as per the design etc. I even took one of the service technician for a ride with speed limits 67-78 and they observed a slight vibration in the steering. Now, they are saying that all the tests are done at or below 60 MPH(ideal conditions) and not at high speeds like 70 and above. They are trying to spin a different theory every time I counter with facts. Basically, they didn't want to address the issue any more as the engineers are clue less.
- Is AEB dependent on ACC? that's what they mentioned in the summary report which is attached to this thread.
My Q is, these kind of issues if not resolved/rectified by the dealer who sold the car, Is legal route an option? I never had an experience or been in a situation like this. Appreciate your input.

Thanks,
Rsquare
I have had many cars with many bad tires. I even had 3 brand new replacement tires on my prior car that were bad from Goodyear. (22" tires/rims). So you prob either have a slightly bent/warped rim or a tire just not quite right. Also...have them check the "runout" which is when a tire is spinning even though it might be perfectly round and perfectly road force...the tire on the balancer will be slightly going side to side.