Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lucky 8 D-5 Light Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2018, 09:07 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Lucky 8 D-5 Light Mounts

Hello All! I recently installed the L8 No Cut light mounts and had a question or two. Installation was pretty straight forward and easy although I didn't receive any instructions but I do think that is partly my fault. I pre-ordered them and maybe kind of rushed them to send them off by pestering a bit and having them shipped right after powder coating, I was just so excited since I had bought a $1000 pair of lights (Vision X Light Cannon CG2 Mult-LED 6.7") and really wanted to see what they could do! Here's a couple pictures, kinda crappy but all I had on my phone right now. I'll try to get better pictures tomorrow.

Anyway on to my questions, I got the Vision X wiring harness with my lights and its all very easy to stick in but I don't see any place or grommet to get the switch into the cabin. I messaged Mike (a member here who has lights on top of his D5) and he recommended a wireless controller which I may end up having to do if I can't find a way in to the car. Any input would be greatly appreciated!!

And the second question it may be for a Lucky8 employee if they happen to see this but after I received the mount kit and installed it a couple days later I received a couple small metal plated around 2"x2" and some more bolts and nuts, I'm not sure where these could go or what they were for? Has anyone else got this kit and know where they go or what they are for? Maybe a light bar instead of single lights?

Well I am a long time lurker and glad to finally make another post! I have a 2018 White LUX with the rod lift kit, oem black 20" wheels, and 275/55 Falken AT3w tires. I love it!

Thanks everyone!
Adam

Here are some pics of the lights and my headlamps vs the Vision Xs

Old 12-11-2018, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,465 Likes on 1,196 Posts

I know the Lucky8 D5 doesn't use a wireless light controller. Not sure where they snuck the wiring through though.

Old 12-11-2018, 06:47 AM
Mudding
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

They look great!!
A wireless controller may be the way to go and with all of the storage options on the D5. You are sure to find suitable place to put it

Old 12-11-2018, 10:40 AM
Mudding
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

We Snuck the wiring through the engine bay that rubber piece near the steering column... Just be calculated and measure measure measure.

Old 12-12-2018, 09:30 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 32 Likes on 20 Posts

Appreciate it everyone! I'm going to have some friends that own a audio shop run the switch for me, I'm a bit worried I'll fudge it up. The Lucky8 mounts are SWEET! Loving the look of the lights on the car!

Old 03-11-2022, 07:57 PM
7th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About to do this install myself, do you have an photos or suggestions to plan for it. Have not found build photos or instructions myself.

Old 03-12-2022, 04:49 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 36 Likes on 25 Posts

I actually just returned these back to lucky 8 and went with the A bar. If you have the dynamic mesh grill they do not simply bolt in as the grill will need to be cut. As for the 2 x 2 inch plate it looks like it would go behind the inner plastic of the bumper and sandwich the plastic there for support. Honestly I am not certain if it would be needed. I am still working on the wiring. Hopefully the weather will improve over the next couple of days and I can look around the steering pass through.

Old 04-19-2022, 11:16 AM
4wd Low
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Donc98
I actually just returned these back to lucky 8 and went with the A bar. If you have the dynamic mesh grill they do not simply bolt in as the grill will need to be cut. As for the 2 x 2 inch plate it looks like it would go behind the inner plastic of the bumper and sandwich the plastic there for support. Honestly I am not certain if it would be needed. I am still working on the wiring. Hopefully the weather will improve over the next couple of days and I can look around the steering pass through.
thinking of getting the A bar with the lights as well as the side rails. Can you post any pics and experience/tips installing it when possible?

I tow a travel trailer about 6-8k miles a year and the breaks don’t perform as well when towing. Had a close call with a dear crossing the road and another with traffic quick stop, no accident but now I want the extra protection of an A- bar
Good luck and congratulations on the upgrades.

Old 04-19-2022, 02:59 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts

@gmfain has a post on this topic you can check it I'll add a link to the post My D5 build 2017 TD6 HSE Lux - Page 20 - Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum and also you might want to do the brembo brake upgrade if you need that extra stopping power

The following users liked this post:
gmfain (04-19-2022)
Old 04-19-2022, 06:18 PM
4wd Low
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LR disco 5
@gmfain has a post on this topic you can check it I'll add a link to the post My D5 build 2017 TD6 HSE Lux - Page 20 - Land Rover Forums - Land Rover Enthusiast Forum and also you might want to do the brembo brake upgrade if you need that extra stopping power
awesome. Thank you. I’m definitely interested in the Brembo upgrade.

Quick Reply: Lucky 8 D-5 Light Mounts