New ride! Had a few questions…

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2021, 08:05 PM
JMV
4wd Low
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New ride! Had a few questions…

Hi there!

I drove 1100 miles (each way) to pick up my CPO 2018 Discovery HSE Lux from Orlando - I was very nervous about it, but I’m very glad I did it. I’m loving the car!

I had a few questions I wanted to see if anyone had quick answers to:

-is there a way to get the fog lights to automatically turn on with the headlights?

-near as I can tell, if the auto stop start stops the engine, and then I put the car in park, it turns off the ignition. Is this supposed to happen? I mean… it’s been times when I’m about to turn the ignition off anyway so maybe it’s just smart?

-I saw something in the manual about using the key fob to adjust the ride height - but I haven’t figured out how to get that to work. Am I missing something?

-is there a widget for the remote app, or any quicker or easier way to initialize remote start? I’m used to having it on my key fob from previous vehicles, so opening the app, going through menus, and a Face ID check is taking some getting used to.

-is there an easy way to tell if I have the solar attenuating windshield? Trying to judge options for ceramic tint and unsure if I need to do anything in front.

-is there any easy possibility of adding the activity key?

Thanks in advance for any answers you can provide!

Last edited by JMV; 12-15-2021 at 08:09 PM.
Old 12-16-2021, 06:48 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 152 Likes on 123 Posts

Congrats on the ride. I also have a 2018 HSE Lux (from new). 50,000 miles later and still love it

On your questions
- front fogs - think you have to turn on when you need them. Maybe a dealer option to be on with headlights but don't think you can control that
- the ignition turning off is a bit unpredictable. Nothing to do with auto stop start. If you click to park and undo drivers seatbelt it usually goes off. But also seems to depend whether foot is on the brake too. We asked LR to explain as it seems inconsistent but they didn't seem to know the exact rules. Idea is if in park and driver getting out, engine should be off. It's a safety feature as otherwise you might think engine is off when actually it's just stop/start and you try and get out as it starts up and drives away...
- keyfob for ride height - never heard of that
- remote app is a bit slow. But no keyfob or faster alternative that I know of for security reasons.
- think solar attenuating screen was standard. Else ask the dealer to give you the build sheet and you can look. Shouldn't impact tinting?
- yes - you can add the activity key afterwards. Think they have to add a module in the tailgate - as well as buying the key. Would guess it's something in the $1000-2000 range all in. Ask dealer

Good luck and enjoy the new car!!

Old 12-16-2021, 06:48 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 152 Likes on 123 Posts

Also I'm sure you're read up on the leaky windscreen issue. Keep a look out for issues unless yours has already been replaced

Old 12-16-2021, 08:49 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BritCars
- the ignition turning off is a bit unpredictable. Nothing to do with auto stop start. If you click to park and undo drivers seatbelt it usually goes off. But also seems to depend whether foot is on the brake too. We asked LR to explain as it seems inconsistent but they didn't seem to know the exact rules. Idea is if in park and driver getting out, engine should be off. It's a safety feature as otherwise you might think engine is off when actually it's just stop/start and you try and get out as it starts up and drives away...
If you have auto stop/start disabled, the car will never turn off automatically when you put it in park.