Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parallel/Perpendicular Park Assist

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 04:34 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Parallel/Perpendicular Park Assist

I can't seem to find much info on this and whether it's standard or an option (as part of another package). Does anyone have the option?

Thanks.

Old 01-14-2018, 09:12 PM
4wd Low
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is called Park Assist and is an option. It it not in any option packages.

To use it, you push the button on the infotainment screen and pick parallel or perpendicular parking. The sensors search for an adequate spot. The drivers info center tell you put the car into Reverse, and you use only the brake pedal to control the speed. The car steers you into the spot.

The first time I used it, I had the D V a week. 4 passengers said I would not fit. I parallel parked in one move. Cool.

Note, it does not do head in perpendicular park assist, only back in.

When you use it, make sure your hands are in the air, like on roller coaster, to freak out the passers by.

If you plan to ever tow a trailer, I would also recommend you get the Advanced Tow Assist option.

There are some youtube videos showing live use of both.

HTH

Old 01-16-2018, 06:27 PM
Overlanding
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi argonpaul,

Great explanation on Park Assist. I don't use it very often but it is a pretty cool feature and works flawlessly. I also have the Advanced Tow Assist but have not been able to get it to work. Have you tried it? If so, have you been successful in getting it to work?

Thanks,
Greg.

Old 01-17-2018, 09:46 AM
7th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good Luck on the tow assist! Cannot find anyone that knows anything about it. tried to contact LR US and they could not help or at least no willing to try to find out info. Have two boat trailers, a 17' and a 26'. Have tried to get it to work on both. Had to build some aluminum post supports to hold and permanently support the always required 3 black circle placard. After finally getting the placard positioned so box turned green (incontrol set up screen) and calibrated, turning the boat loses the placard. It will not back the boat straight, Sometimes the red line (indicates straight back backing parameters) would not be available even with the trailer directly behind the boat.
You have to use the dual sided reverse camera, to get the line indicators, which do not extend very far. There is no explanation in the manual that tells you to do that. After watching a non LR youTube I saw that screen and figured out how to get it. Got messages that I can not find in any LR literature. I cannot find any literature other than the Owner's Manual concerning Tow Assist. I finally have given up on the thing. Probably have 20 hours of trial and error in and $100 in placard attachments which on the bigger boat puts the placard over the winch handle. On the shorter trailer I had to use a long receiver hitch to get the required 4' to 6.4' placard placement from the back of the car distance that is required Bought the car in Charlotte and have service contract in/at Asheville . Neither have any help available. Asked Asheville if they could redo the software, they said no and no updates;
Also had a tow hitch receiver cut to fit the recommended dimensions in the owners manual. Puts trailer hitch about an inch from the body of the car and if you back at an angle less than jackknife, you will have the trailer tongue against the body of the car. Not a good idea.