Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Proud Rhino Discovery 5

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 03:30 PM
Winching
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Proud Rhino Discovery 5

Finally the Proud Rhino Discovery 5 is in!

Attached Thumbnails Proud Rhino Discovery 5-img_3519-2.jpg  
Old 10-09-2017, 03:32 PM
Winching

I was like a kid in a candy store today as we stripped the front off the Discovery 5. It may have just been my excitement but everything came apart fairly straight forward an easy. Our cardboard template was put into place with only some minor tweeking needed. Next up will be to test fit a metal version.

Attached Thumbnails Proud Rhino Discovery 5-img_0072-1.jpg   Proud Rhino Discovery 5-img_2046-1.jpg   Proud Rhino Discovery 5-img_7286-1.jpg  
Old 10-09-2017, 03:34 PM
Winching

Nothing but smiles here today at the shop. Winch tray prototype V2 was cut, bent and bolted right in! We have some minor adjustments to do on the tray depth and fairlead bracket but this will have to wait until after MAR. We will be back at it next week with tires and lift rods.

Attached Thumbnails Proud Rhino Discovery 5-image000000-2.jpg   Proud Rhino Discovery 5-img_0788-1.jpg   Proud Rhino Discovery 5-img_2185-1.jpg  
Old 10-09-2017, 04:47 PM
Winching
Default Atturo trail blade xt's are in

Just getting back from MAR and we did not have time to test fit the tires. So all I have is a picture of tires on a pallet, but hey who does not love new tires? Im hoping to get them on to morrow but the shop has been extra busy.

Attached Thumbnails Proud Rhino Discovery 5-img_8335.jpg  
Old 10-12-2017, 02:58 PM
Winching
Default Tires are on

We have been full steam at the shop! I have been trying to squeeze in the D5 but can’t get the room. If anyone that knows Rovers has some free time let me know. We have the lift kit and winch tray V3 ready to play with still but at least we got the tires on today. I do have some concerns about rubbing when the suspension is on the bumps. In mid turn the inner fender well lining may touch but I can not be sure until the bumpers back on. Until tomorrow all I have are these parking lot pics.

Attached Thumbnails Proud Rhino Discovery 5-img_8376.jpg   Proud Rhino Discovery 5-img_8383.jpg   Proud Rhino Discovery 5-img_8384.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
IB Nolan (10-19-2017)
Old 12-21-2017, 08:43 AM
Winching
Default Out sick

Sorry gals and guys for the absence in posts. We had a key team member go out on medical leave and I have been doing double duties. The good news is we have not stopped the work. The winch tray is on version 6 and we should have the final pre production in the next few days. The trays fitment is so sexy. It fits perfectly. Ill get some better in-depth photos when we get the final one done and all the components are bolted back in place. In other Discovery 5 news I should have my hands on a few sets of pre production lift rods next week. If you want to try a set let me know. Until then I have some pictures of the current progress to hold you over.

Attached Thumbnails Proud Rhino Discovery 5-unnamed-2.jpg   Proud Rhino Discovery 5-unnamed-3.jpg   Proud Rhino Discovery 5-unnamed-18.jpg  
Old 01-06-2018, 08:30 PM
TReK
Received 86 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Fivespddisco
Sorry gals and guys for the absence in posts. We had a key team member go out on medical leave and I have been doing double duties. The good news is we have not stopped the work. The winch tray is on version 6 and we should have the final pre production in the next few days. The trays fitment is so sexy. It fits perfectly. Ill get some better in-depth photos when we get the final one done and all the components are bolted back in place. In other Discovery 5 news I should have my hands on a few sets of pre production lift rods next week. If you want to try a set let me know. Until then I have some pictures of the current progress to hold you over.
So how much work is involved when replacing the winch cable/rope? Are you going to have to remove all that stuff or is it a simple matter of popping off a piece of plastic?

Old 01-17-2018, 08:09 AM
Winching

Originally Posted by TRIARII
So how much work is involved when replacing the winch cable/rope? Are you going to have to remove all that stuff or is it a simple matter of popping off a piece of plastic?

There is more room then the picture shows. I feel a new rope can be done with the bumper cover on.

Old 01-17-2018, 08:13 AM
Winching
Default Let there be light,,,, well a little light

Now that January is mid way though we can turn off the Holliday E brake and get back to the fun. I should have the final version of the hidden no cut winch tray in hand any day. I am so excited for it to arrive and get some good phots of this fantastic part to share with everyone. I do have some good news on another product. We were able to settle on a design for the no cutting light tabs. I only have a few crappy pic but I will share them.

If anyone has any suggestions were to put the auxiliary light switch I’m all ears.

Until next time....

Attached Thumbnails Proud Rhino Discovery 5-img_0703.jpg   Proud Rhino Discovery 5-img_0702.jpg   Proud Rhino Discovery 5-img_6834-2.jpg  
Old 11-25-2018, 02:34 AM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looked on your website and couldn't see anything for the Disco 5. I'm interested in the front hidden winch & plate

I'm in Canada (Vancouver) not sure if that is an issue, I have a PO box in US if that is ok for shipping?

Cheers
Gary

Quick Reply: Proud Rhino Discovery 5