Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride Height Problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2020, 02:41 PM
Drifting
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ride Height Problem

My wife’s 2018 gets stuck in the up position. Has anyone seen this?

Dealer claims never saw it before.

They also claimed they never saw the constant Check Engine light. After two years they changed the entire exhaust. Light has been off for four weeks. World record for us.

Also claimed they never saw the AC not working. Randomly changed parts and it magically worked.

BTW. Is there a special tool for the DEF cap? Pliers work but not very elegant.

thanks for any tips.

Old 03-07-2020, 08:21 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 160 Likes on 127 Posts

Can you explain 'stuck in the up position'. What do you observe?
2-3 times recently when we parked it didn't drop down to access height. But if we push the control button in the central console it drops back down.

Old 03-07-2020, 10:28 PM
Drifting

Exactly that. When you park, it stays up. You walk away from the vehicle, it stays up. You have to get in and start it and cycle the ride height buttons and then it goes down. Sometimes you need to cycle it more than once.

Old 03-08-2020, 09:51 AM
4wd High
Default Access Setting

Try checking your auto access height settings, or turning them off and back on.

Old 03-08-2020, 02:17 PM
Drifting

That works. But I shouldn't have to recycle the controls to have the car work correctly.

Same as the “Restricted Performance” message we get intermittently. We see the massage on the dash and then have a fraction of the normal power. It barely will accelerate. This is a safety issue. if we pull off the road, stop the engine and cycle it on and off a time or two, the message clears and we can drive normally.

It is a shame because other than the faults and idiosyncrasies it would be a great vehicle. Not what we expected in a $75K vehicle.

Unfortunately this is our first and last LR.

Old 03-09-2020, 04:22 AM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 238 Likes on 166 Posts

That reduced power message happened to me once in 2006 with my new LR 3. 12 years later it had never reoccurred

it may be due to a weak battery.

Old 03-09-2020, 06:59 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

A 3/8 ratchet works for the def canister. My experience with the limited performance turned out to be a bad intake adapter seal.

I occasionally have the vehicle get stuck at normal height, but its usually when the car thinks a trailer is connected.

Old 03-10-2020, 12:39 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 87 Likes on 67 Posts

I have had a few peculiar issues with the electronic systems as well. Mostly transient, but many have been resolved with software updates of the various components. PCM for the gearbox lag issue at rolling stops, fixed the biggest annoyance I had. Body and various other components were updated as well that made it much better. Honestly it feels like we are coming out of beta with the D5 software and it is much better with the latest software. Force the dealer to update all the software components for the body, suspension and other systems.

As to ride height I have noticed it getting stuck at normal when looking at the vehicle dimensions screen. Though I also notice that it seems to drop in height when you unbuckle after you stop before you open the door, the center console still shows it at normal, but it actually already dropped in height. Other times it only does it when I open the door, or a passenger. The center console light is not always 100% accurate to show the height, as I have noticed that it does drop without the light showing. After reading this thread I tested it a number of times and works as expected now with auto convenience height enabled by dropping to access height when opening a door.

Don't have a TD6, but what I have read is to clean the cap and thread. The DEF drops on the thread can make things sticky, other write that is good practice to wipe down and rinse when doing a fill up to keep the cap working normally (especially if you spilled a little DEF).

No ideas on the restricted performance issue, seem to be TD6 related not experienced it with the Si6. I have had intermitted reduce traction and blind spot monitoring disabled messages, but seem to have been resolved after some software updates.