New Discovery V Talk about the new Land Rover Discovery 5
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tires for Non Lifted

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2021, 10:07 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Putting on Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus tomorrow at 275/55/20. Coming from the Goodyear Eagle F1's from the factory. Hope they work well!

The following users liked this post:
Pre (05-28-2021)
Old 05-28-2021, 12:05 PM
Pre
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Loriebluedico5
Putting on Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus tomorrow at 275/55/20. Coming from the Goodyear Eagle F1's from the factory. Hope they work well!
I am also considering putting on Pirelli All Terrain Plus 275/55/20 on my 2019 D5. Will use the OEM 20" rims. Curious, how was your fit with the Pirelli' s275/55/20, any rubbing? Any photo you can share at access height and offload height.

Old 05-28-2021, 12:21 PM
Three Wheeling

No rubbing at all. They are quite and work well in my limited trips off road on dry dirt and loose rocks.
I uploaded a normal height and off road height.
I’ll upload an access height when I get home.
I lost 2 to 3 MPG on these tires.

Old 05-28-2021, 12:22 PM
Three Wheeling

Normal and off road height here.

Normal height

Normal height

Off road height

ar077 (10-14-2023)
Old 05-28-2021, 12:31 PM
Pre
2nd Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Loriebluedico5
Normal and off road height here.

Normal height

Normal height

Off road height
Wow! Looks good. Thanks.

ar077 (10-14-2023)
Old 07-15-2021, 03:52 PM
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dewamatt
Sorry I'm late to the party. Just another vote for the KO2s. I've been running them for about a year with no issues. They are quiet, good around town and on long distance road trips (Phoenix to Quebec and back), and great on the rocky and sandy trails here in Arizona.
What size tires are you running? I'm in Vegas and looking for some inspiration. Thanks!

Old 10-13-2023, 02:01 PM
1st Gear
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default This is my no-lift setup

This forum thread was helpful to me but was missing some specifics I was craving so uploading my setup now that the wheels are on to pay it forward. The pictures should be side on shots, driver side, of all three heights (Access, Normal, Off-road). Hope this helps somebody out there who picks up one of these used like I did. One note, the installer (a JRL dealership) said it was harder to get the tire onto the rim than normal, but 275s support up to 9.5 inch wide wheels so it fits but its tight apparently.

Quick tire review: The tires are great, but road noise is of course louder (notice it around 25 MPH+) but I think they are normal. They feel smooth at 44/50 psi front/rear and there is no vibration in the car from them and no additional noise other than rubber hitting the road, but no obnoxiously loud. Happy with them so far on-road, think they will do great on road trips if I dont swap them out as frequently as I would like with the all-season wheels & tires I have (285/45R22).

Model: 2017 Discovery HSE Lux Td6
Wheel: OEM-style (not OEM) 20 inch x 9.5 inch (ebay)
Tires: 275/55R20 Cooper Tires Discoverer Rugged Trek
Tire Pressure: All the picture are of Normal/Heavy Load setting of 44/50 front/rear. After these pictures, I put them down to Light Load (35/37 front/rear). Havent driven them at time of posting, but I suspect it will feel better on the street.

When I picked it up after install, Access Heightt

Access Height

Normal Height

Off-road Height

275/55 on 20X9.5 inch wheels

Glamour Shot from behind a window

Last edited by fbrenyah; 10-13-2023 at 02:06 PM. Reason: corrections
The following 2 users liked this post by fbrenyah:
ar077 (10-14-2023), pernison (10-14-2023)
Old 10-14-2023, 12:48 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by fbrenyah
This forum thread was helpful to me but was missing some specifics I was craving so uploading my setup now that the wheels are on to pay it forward. The pictures should be side on shots, driver side, of all three heights (Access, Normal, Off-road). Hope this helps somebody out there who picks up one of these used like I did. One note, the installer (a JRL dealership) said it was harder to get the tire onto the rim than normal, but 275s support up to 9.5 inch wide wheels so it fits but its tight apparently.

Quick tire review: The tires are great, but road noise is of course louder (notice it around 25 MPH+) but I think they are normal. They feel smooth at 44/50 psi front/rear and there is no vibration in the car from them and no additional noise other than rubber hitting the road, but no obnoxiously loud. Happy with them so far on-road, think they will do great on road trips if I dont swap them out as frequently as I would like with the all-season wheels & tires I have (285/45R22).

Model: 2017 Discovery HSE Lux Td6
Wheel: OEM-style (not OEM) 20 inch x 9.5 inch (ebay)
Tires: 275/55R20 Cooper Tires Discoverer Rugged Trek
Tire Pressure: All the picture are of Normal/Heavy Load setting of 44/50 front/rear. After these pictures, I put them down to Light Load (35/37 front/rear). Havent driven them at time of posting, but I suspect it will feel better on the street.

When I picked it up after install, Access Heightt

Access Height

Normal Height

Off-road Height

275/55 on 20X9.5 inch wheels

Glamour Shot from behind a window
Love those tires got a set on my disco too

The following 2 users liked this post by LR disco 5:
ar077 (10-15-2023), fbrenyah (12-02-2023)
Old 11-23-2023, 07:16 PM
3rd Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am likely picking up a 2022 Disco this weekend. I'm looking at "downgrading" from the 22 inch wheels for a set of factory/aftermarket 20 inch. Reading through this thread, I have discovered that the style that are in the recent pictures above come in the same face, but have a 20 x 9.5 +45/47, and a 20 x 8.5 +53. I can't really tell from the photos, but the 9.5 inch wheel is going to be a little more to the outside of the wheel arch based on the width and offset, about 18mm. I would assume that this is fine and would not really cause any rubbing since the main issue is rubbing on the suspension parts and the tire edges are still really close to the same on either wheel. I'm not familiar with the package offerings, but what is the need for the difference in widths? My thoughts are that the 8.5 inch wheel with a 275/55 tire would protect the wheel more, but may also affect the steering and ride by allowing the vehicle to sway more than normal due to the sidewall roll/shift dynamics.

Which wheel is the most common?

ar077 (11-24-2023)
Old 11-24-2023, 09:45 AM
Mudding
Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by mshale
I am likely picking up a 2022 Disco this weekend. I'm looking at "downgrading" from the 22 inch wheels for a set of factory/aftermarket 20 inch. Reading through this thread, I have discovered that the style that are in the recent pictures above come in the same face, but have a 20 x 9.5 +45/47, and a 20 x 8.5 +53. I can't really tell from the photos, but the 9.5 inch wheel is going to be a little more to the outside of the wheel arch based on the width and offset, about 18mm. I would assume that this is fine and would not really cause any rubbing since the main issue is rubbing on the suspension parts and the tire edges are still really close to the same on either wheel. I'm not familiar with the package offerings, but what is the need for the difference in widths? My thoughts are that the 8.5 inch wheel with a 275/55 tire would protect the wheel more, but may also affect the steering and ride by allowing the vehicle to sway more than normal due to the sidewall roll/shift dynamics.

Which wheel is the most common?
I swapped the stock 255/55-20 tires and 20" x 8.5" OEM wheels for 285/50-20 Nittos on 20" x 9.5" Redbourne wheels (no lift required and no clearance problems, even when lowered to ease-of-entry height). Redbourne (https://www.redbournewheels.com/) makes aftermarket wheels exclusively for Land Rover vehicles and the web site has a vehicle configurator that shows what each style will look like on your exact vehicle (including vehicle color). the 285/50s could have been squeezed onto the 8.5" wide OEM wheels but I wanted the improved handling and stability that you alluded to (not to mention appearance) that came with a squared-off wheel/tire configuration. Needless to say, I limit off-road excursions by staying on established but unmaintained/unpaved desert roads (Nevada has over 10,000 miles of such roads) to keep the wheels from getting trashed. Go to https://www.wheel-size.com/calc/ if you want to see comparisons between different wheel/tire size/offset configurations.

Quick Reply: Tires for Non Lifted