Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traffic date - LR Navigation

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2019, 04:16 PM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traffic date - LR Navigation

Does anyone know if the Traffic data can come from my cell phone data plan, or will it only come from the AT&T In Control data plan that one has to subscribe to separately (at $15 per month)?

If it can come from my cell phone, is it only if my cell phone is physically connected via a lightning cable, or can it be done via Bluetooth?

In Control is a little confusing. That having been said, I prefer my LR Discovery V to my Mercedes GLS and Mercedes GLE.

Thanks!

Old 10-06-2019, 04:31 PM
Mudding
Received 37 Likes on 30 Posts

I use my phone as a hotspot and connect the car via wireless. Data seems to come across just fine. Haven’t used the ATT plan since the three month subscription ended.

Old 10-06-2019, 04:46 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 120 Posts

The 3 month subscription is for extra data services like using the car as a hot spot for other devices. If you don't continue the AT&T subscription after 3 months but just leave the sim in the vehicle it still runs the in control services like emergency SOS, stolen vehicle locator, the remote door unlock and vehicle info, and the data feed for traffic on the the built in navigation

LR and AT&T are very confusing about this. But if you try it you'll find it works just fine
For free! I think you get 4 years included with the vehicle purchase then you have to pay for in control after that I think or lose the additional services.

Old 10-07-2019, 08:21 AM
4wd High
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you BritCars and BCHBUM11511. I received so many pressuring type emails from AT&T I just assumed the SIM card didn't work anymore, but lo and behold, the Land Rover Remote apps still work. This means I can still remotely lock my car and start it, etc.

Now if I can just figure out how to get real-time Traffic data onto the LR Navigation application, and I think I need the AT&T subscription for traffic data. Verizon doesn't allow me a Hotspot, so still trying to figure this out.

Old 10-07-2019, 06:14 PM
Recovery Vehicle

No problem

Can you clarify what you mean by real time data into the 'app'? If you mean getting live travel data on the LR screen using the LR navigation system built into the car, you should have that and don't need any other subscription or hot spot. If you look at the Nav map you should see some roads have a green edge (good flow), some have an orange edge (some congestion) and some a red edge (heavy congestion). That also drives routing and time to destination calls

If you don't have that then you either have it turned off somewhere in a settings or something is wrong and you should have your software updated

Old 05-13-2020, 12:45 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by BritCars
No problem

Can you clarify what you mean by real time data into the 'app'? If you mean getting live travel data on the LR screen using the LR navigation system built into the car, you should have that and don't need any other subscription or hot spot. If you look at the Nav map you should see some roads have a green edge (good flow), some have an orange edge (some congestion) and some a red edge (heavy congestion). That also drives routing and time to destination calls

If you don't have that then you either have it turned off somewhere in a settings or something is wrong and you should have your software updated
I know this is an old thread but I have some experience with this last month. When I picked up my vehicle the data SIM did not work. Without a working data SIM the navigation will only search by address, you can't search for places by name such as Starbucks for example. You also don't get real time traffic information. I'm not sure if there are other limitations, but those are the two I ran up against.

I was able to enable the hotspot on my phone and then connect the vehicle to the wifi hotspot and then those features worked.

Old 05-15-2020, 09:46 PM
Recovery Vehicle

Some people have had issues with the sim reader in the car. The unit may need replacing. Otherwise they just need to enable the SIM so that you get data for the navigation and in car communication