New Discovery V Talk about the new Land Rover Discovery 5
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water Leaking Into My 2018 Discovery

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2019, 04:43 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 90 Likes on 74 Posts

I have a 2019 with heated windshield and so far there is evidence of leaking and in wash it with a power washer pointed right at it. Must be a factory flaw and maybe they have improved the process so it happens less frequently?

Old 12-11-2019, 06:36 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 139 Likes on 120 Posts

To Novy - I disagree with your synopsis here. This is why cars have warranty. They can have issues or develop issues. The manufacturer is backing the product and agreeing to fix it

From what I've seen on here, when someone says the windscreen is leaking the dealer seems to be immediately ordering the replacement and installing it all for free. Then problem solved and it doesn't leak again

As for impacting used car prices - that's certainly not the case here. So many cars get stone chips or cracks and replacement windscreens that I can't see anyone caring if it has been replaced as long as done properly

I can't believe they would knowingly sell cars with leaky windscreens as they would certainly have to fix them.

Old 12-12-2019, 01:35 AM
Drifting
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BritCars

I can't believe they would knowingly sell cars with leaky windscreens as they would certainly have to fix them.
I couldn't believe that the car was leaking windshield in $ 100,000 It is not a matter of faith, but LR's approach to the customer. The case is 2.3 or 5 leaking windows. Count us here in the UK plus other countries forum, but there is a case in court https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/tec...19_271207.html Even in Asia, this didn't seem normal to them ....And in the US, do you write that it is no big deal that the dashboard is leaking water?

How many cases need to be noted so that he recognizes that this is happening on a massive scale? Remember that not many cars are sold. In my country, there are maybe hundreds a year. If it had happened in Audi, a class action would have been in court a long time ago. The LR company has been launching a car model in 2017, in which the windshield is leaking, without announcing a global service action, because they would have admitted the mistake and people would have the basis to assert their rights in court. They also did not change the production line, because it is cheaper to repair these cars. Understand? That the service repairs these cars is no grace on their part. They should give you an additional guarantee for the next 3 years and free service during this period - the JLR group can afford it. But the manufacturer has it in his *** Yes in the ***, unfortunatelyOn this forum, there is a friend who fixed the problem and the water is still pouring inside.
After flooding the car, nothing else suffered? And if so, does it have to come out now? The car has only 2 years warranty ...... Some issues related to such a leak may come out later. Another friend from this forum, replacing the glass, broke the cable to the rear window washer and fluid flooded the car when he wanted to spray it. Understand that the elements of the car, factory-assembled, are not the same as the service in the salon You do not see the difference between a brand new item and a repaired one? Has it not lost value by such a repair?
I am surprised by the attitude of some users here ... Either they are lobbying for money for the producer, or they are unreasonable. Because no one who has any sense would be able to cheat like that. Not on this scale. I understand love for a woman but not for a car. Not for such a car ...
Sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone, but the truth is usually painful.
When I bought LR Disco, I hoped it would be my dream come true. It seems, however, that it will be a nightmare. And for the next 5 years, he is leasing. Massacre

Last edited by Novy!; 12-12-2019 at 01:50 AM.
The following users liked this post:
StarkGreen (08-19-2021)
Old 12-12-2019, 07:53 AM
Rock Crawling

I agree with most of what you just said apart from them not making changes in the production line. Back in the late 90s I worked for a company that provided quality control systems to many manufacturers in the UK and believe me, they are constantly updating processes in the assembly line as issues are discovered because it is far cheaper to do that supply additional expensive parts (replacement windshields) and pay dealers all over the world to replace them. They also pull 1 in X cars off the line and put them through a storm simulation chamber and check for leaks. (It may be very car these days) if an issue affects 3% or cars that’s considered a big deal, you’ll also see a lot of complaints on forums like this as people, such as yourself, often only join when they have a problem they want help with or to vent.
When I picked mine up there was a paint flaw (discoloration) on one panel and the brand new car had to have that panel repainted. They did a bad job of it and it had to be done again. I wasn’t happy but since then everything is fine (bar a rattle from the passenger door) which is annoying and disappointing on a $75k luxury vehicle but the dealer will fix it.
I had a friend who went through multiple BMW M5s in the early to mid 2000s and another whose Mercedes went into the shop for over 60 different issues in 18 months. It happens. To every brand. Statistically you’re unlikely to have problems with a new car but some people do. My wife had a brand new Kia we’re very happy with (rattles aside) but someone else on the Kia forum had their transmission fail in 1000 miles and another drove 5 miles before the whole electronics failed. But it’s all fixed under warranty. That’s what warranties are for. If the car goes back consistently for the same problem or multiple problems in a short space of time you may be given a replacement.
But I suggest you treat the dealer nicely and politely and make reasonable requests otherwise they’ll play hardball with you.

Old 12-12-2019, 08:57 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by LoneStarLR
But I suggest you treat the dealer nicely and politely and make reasonable requests otherwise they’ll play hardball with you.
So what should I be afraid of car service? They should be afraid of my reaction, mate. It was not me who sold the defective product to them but they sold to me. They knew well because they confused this car before the test drive and the sale itself. And certainly for customers several times a year, because they kept the car in the parking lot.

Sure, anything can happen. However, this is about JLR's approach. they have a problem, knowledge of which cars they are in. However, they did not announce any service action related to this problem, nor did they repair any defective copies prior to sale. You don't need to flood the car with water to find a fault. I just talked to the next D5 victim, he was unlucky and paid to fix the problem. Do you know how a service (not a JLR service) diagnosed a leak? they poured a little washing-up liquid with water, to connect the roof with the glass, for drainage, and released compressed air from the hose. nice bubbles appeared on the glass from the outside The Pole will pot everything
At the end I will write you that much. You can let yourself be fooled (cheating) in every area of ​​your life. as someone preferes. I think that such things in a $ 100,000 car should NEVER take place (where this famous control in JLR factories). And since they happened, the company should have eggs and be able to apologize and get out of it before the customer buys a defective product. even at a price of considerable loss, so that the image of the JLR brand would be flawless

Old 12-12-2019, 09:50 AM
Mudding

Anyone have a link to a Land Rover bulletin on this?

Old 12-12-2019, 11:08 AM
Rock Crawling

It’s not a question of being afraid of the service department, it’s a question of being polite when dealing with other people. Being professional.
If you go in and rant and rave on. The first meeting they are not more likely to help you, that’s just human nature. You will get their back up and they will do the minimum they can get away with. If you are polite and reasonable they will do their best to help you and probably go above and beyond. If they are not taking you seriously you so weak to the manager. Politely. If he/she dismiss you you go up to the dealership owner. And above that you go to the manufacturer.
Having a leak in your windshield and a gesture tailgate that opened accidentally by your cat is not a reason to get a lawyer involved. Unless you’re not telling us the full story... the value of the car is immaterial, whether it was $20k or $200k. It’s a metal and plastic box with thousands of parts.

Old 12-12-2019, 11:21 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by LoneStarLR
It’s not a question of being afraid of the service department, it’s a question of being polite when dealing with other people. Being professional.
If you go in and rant and rave on. The first meeting they are not more likely to help you, that’s just human nature. You will get their back up and they will do the minimum they can get away with. If you are polite and reasonable they will do their best to help you and probably go above and beyond. If they are not taking you seriously you so weak to the manager. Politely. If he/she dismiss you you go up to the dealership owner. And above that you go to the manufacturer.
Having a leak in your windshield and a gesture tailgate that opened accidentally by your cat is not a reason to get a lawyer involved. Unless you’re not telling us the full story... the value of the car is immaterial, whether it was $20k or $200k. It’s a metal and plastic box with thousands of parts.
Do you deliberately underestimate the problem of leaking windows?
Do you have any intended purpose to defend who is guilty so fiercely?
Do you teach me politeness? Please teach those who sold me a car with a factory defect and did it unscrupulously ....
I'm not going to be rude, but I know how they react. They will do only as much as they have to. For me, the situation and the whole matter require greater commitment on their part. At the end of this whole thing, I am to be satisfied, not them. The lawyer prepared a letter. I sign and send them. If they do not comply with my demands, the case will go to court and then they have no chance. There are also people in Poland who have experienced this in their Discovery. They will gladly certify.
I am very surprised by your (dis) respect for your earned money and for yourself. but it's your life and your business. I have nothing to do with it. just don't tell others how to respond to such matters.
Please.

Old 12-12-2019, 11:23 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Ned O'Neill
Anyone have a link to a Land Rover bulletin on this?
Land Rover has never admitted it by organizing a worldwide service campaign ...

Old 12-12-2019, 11:26 AM
Drifting

I apologize for the emotions. I feel cheated by Land Rover. I was sold a new car that is not 100% functional and the company knew about it. I can't understand it ..... How they can treat a customer like that. After all, a normal person, after such problems - he will never buy anything from JLR again .....
What is this policy?

Quick Reply: Water Leaking Into My 2018 Discovery