Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Water Leaking Into My 2018 Discovery

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 06:18 PM
Overlanding
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Water Leaking Into My 2018 Discovery

has anyone had any issues with water leaking into the car? We got caught in quite a snow storm in Lake Tahoe during a ski weekend and to my massive surprise and disappointment the far has a massive water leak.

The water is coming in all along the passanger tide front pillar and the front eindsheild along the roofline. The amount of water coming in was even more surprising as it’s effected the dash and the whole pillar as well as part of the enterior of the roof.

I have reached out to Land Rover USA as something like this has some safety potential as this can impact the operation of the airbag located in the pillar assembly.

Let eto me know if you have a simmilar issue and how you were able to resolve it.

Thanks!

The following users liked this post:
StarkGreen (08-19-2021)
Old 01-20-2019, 06:33 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
StarkGreen (08-19-2021)
Old 01-21-2019, 08:12 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by maximkuzmenko
has anyone had any issues with water leaking into the car? We got caught in quite a snow storm in Lake Tahoe during a ski weekend and to my massive surprise and disappointment the far has a massive water leak.

The water is coming in all along the passanger tide front pillar and the front eindsheild along the roofline. The amount of water coming in was even more surprising as it’s effected the dash and the whole pillar as well as part of the enterior of the roof.

I have reached out to Land Rover USA as something like this has some safety potential as this can impact the operation of the airbag located in the pillar assembly.

Let eto me know if you have a simmilar issue and how you were able to resolve it.

Thanks!

There was someone a few months back that started having electrical issues, only to find out water was coming in (slowly) from the same area you describe. This is a known issue as has been mentioned, I would recommend demanding they address this immediately and document it as it appears this can often lead to much bigger issues.

StarkGreen (08-19-2021)
Old 01-23-2019, 09:33 AM
Drifting
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, it is windshield, I had the same problem, it was resealed by dealer in two days. You need to address it asap as water eventually will make to the center console where bunch of electronics is located. For temporary protection you can put external masking tape on the top of the windshield as I did while waiting for appointment with loaner.

Old 01-23-2019, 11:42 AM
Pro Wrench
Received 388 Likes on 315 Posts

Man that sucks. LR keeping with tradition in the wrong ways.

StarkGreen (08-19-2021)
Old 01-23-2019, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator
Received 1,465 Likes on 1,196 Posts

Water ingress is actually listed on the window sticker as a standard option...

StarkGreen (08-19-2021)
Old 01-23-2019, 04:14 PM
Pro Wrench
Received 388 Likes on 315 Posts

Ha...!

Old 12-09-2019, 02:07 PM
Mudding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My 2018 just developed this !

Old 12-09-2019, 02:39 PM
Drifting
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When you will be picking up your Discovery from service, check rear window washer. Apparently washer fluid line for rear is running inside front pillar, when LR was removing windshield, they damaged the line. I found this couple of days later when tried to use rear wiper. Fluid start dripping from the pillar and below on passenger's feet. While they fixed leaking windshield, they broke another thing. Back to service.

Old 12-09-2019, 06:07 PM
Recovery Vehicle
Received 229 Likes on 161 Posts

My 2018 had 3 drops of water on the inside of the windshield about 6 inches from the top right corner after I pressure washed it. I called my dealer and they have ordered a new windshield. The Denver dealer is a pretty good dealer. Due to so many D5's with leaky windshields they are backordered for a couple weeks or so. I was surprised that they aren't just removing and resealing it.

Quick Reply: Water Leaking Into My 2018 Discovery