Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why should I buy a Disco (V)?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2018, 09:08 AM
Drifting
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ToiletDuck
Require 7 seats for a family of five? Disco is smaller than Yukon but space isn’t wasted. More functional. Go test drive and watch YouTube reviews. The Td6 is a dream to drive just put 1200 miles in one weekend on mine
we take the kids friends around a lot so we always need seating for 7. My daily driver is a Volvo XC90 and I used to have a Tahoe - just wanted to know if we can trust the Disco more than a Yukon Denali

Old 10-12-2018, 09:46 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Another option, much more expensive, is the soon to be released and all new BMW X7. The 2019 X5 is all new and just arriving to dealers. Go check it out. If you like it, the X7 is a slightly stretched, slightly more upmarket vehicle than the X5.

Old 10-12-2018, 09:47 AM
Super Moderator
Received 1,590 Likes on 1,306 Posts

Originally Posted by abran
This is a land rover forum, the real question is why shouldn't you? Me, no reason, buy it.
I'm with him, drove a D5 on and off road it was fantastic.

Old 10-12-2018, 02:44 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Surprised to see so many suggestions for other vehicles on a LR forum. The D5 is great. Go for it.

Old 10-12-2018, 03:00 PM
Mudding
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by natelw

we take the kids friends around a lot so we always need seating for 7. My daily driver is a Volvo XC90 and I used to have a Tahoe - just wanted to know if we can trust the Disco more than a Yukon Denali
I have seriously looked at the Denali twice. First time went with an X5 and second the D5. The Denali is just too much of a GM car and the buffeting got to me on a couple test drives. The XC90 is a beautiful vehicle but the engine is too much like a 4 cylinder to spend that money - hated the engine but loved the vehicle.

Old 10-12-2018, 04:12 PM
Three Wheeling
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I like to be open to other possibilities. We just got home from picking up our 2019 Disco HSE Lux Td6. So far so good though we did have one bluetooth gremlin that healed itself by turning the car off and on again...

Anyway, point is that we get 2 new cars every 33-39 months (ahhh, the joys of leasing) and switch around from brand to brand depending on what strikes our fancy and needs at the time. I've never loved a car so much that I couldn't see the virtue in others. Every use case is different, and no car is absolutely perfect for all the people all the time (thought the MB AMG E63S Wagon comes close!!)

Old 10-12-2018, 05:18 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Say no to Denali

Originally Posted by natelw
Hey all, newbie here. We recently purchased a 2015 GL450 for my wife but I hate driving it on the weekends (tech is crap and old, leather is fake, shakes a lot, just don't trust Mercedes but I know some may laugh at that because here I am considering a LR).

I'm looking at a Disco at a LR dealer on the East Coast (only ones who had our color combo) - 2018 Disco, 7600 miles, HSE with Drive Pro Pack, Cold Climate Pkg, 7 seat Pkg, Vision Assist Pkg, CPO warranty as it was dealer's demo.

I am also considering (for my wife) a GMC Yukon Denali, Chevy Tahoe or Audi Q7. We need the 7 seats and I have heard good things about Audi but the 3rd row seat option is only for kids on most, if not all, of those (from all the YouTube reviews).

I have heard there are issues with LR but considering, if I purchase this Disco, it will have the 7yr/100k CPO warranty I feel I could risk it.

She will be using it mostly to transport 3 kids (12, 6 and 3) to various activities, running to Costco, etc.

So why should I get a Disco?

Natelw
2018 Volvo XC90 T6 Inscription
2015 Mercedes GL450 4Matic
2014 Lexus LS460 (sold)
2013 Lexus RX350 (sold)
2011 Toyota Sienna Ltd AWD (sold)
2009 Chevy Tahoe LTZ (sold)
I cruise forums on any vehicle I buy...Almost...I should have payed more attention to them. I bought new in 2015 a Yukon Denali. AWESOME engine! That's it. Rides like a dump truck with the 22" wheels (Looks great-rides bad). I'm tired of the harsh ride and vibration after hitting even the smallest bumps.
I'm trading for a 2018 Disco Lux. It rides better and looks almost as good.

Old 10-12-2018, 09:47 PM
Rock Crawling
Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Yup...

Originally Posted by Hayseed_D5
I have seriously looked at the Denali twice. First time went with an X5 and second the D5. The Denali is just too much of a GM car and the buffeting got to me on a couple test drives. The XC90 is a beautiful vehicle but the engine is too much like a 4 cylinder to spend that money - hated the engine but loved the vehicle.
It has a couple of things going for it. It is an awesome looking vehicle, and the 6.2 engine is the best I have ever owned. Other than that the Denali rides hard..vibrates after every bump and although it isn't really bad seems to buffet at times. Prob because the sheet metal is so thin.

Old 10-15-2018, 04:17 PM
Mudding
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho123
It has a couple of things going for it. It is an awesome looking vehicle, and the 6.2 engine is the best I have ever owned. Other than that the Denali rides hard..vibrates after every bump and although it isn't really bad seems to buffet at times. Prob because the sheet metal is so thin.
The buffeting made me nauseous. It was like that on a couple I drove and a couple I drove had not buffeted.

Old 10-15-2018, 04:32 PM
Mudding
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I ordered a 2018 Disco, loaded with everything but rear seat entertainment. I needed a third row. I test drove a Yukon Denali, it was the same sticker as my Disco. It was just too huge an ultimately a GMC pickup. I decided to go for the Disco (picked it up 4/12/18) and have been happy I did. The only thing that was missing was CarPlay and that is not corrected with the latest update.
Before that I had many Ford Explorers. Can't wait to get this in the snow. My wife has a 2015 MB Bluetec GLK and it is nice but no touchscreen, they don't believe in it. Not sure if that has changed but that would be a dealbreaker for me.

Quick Reply: Why should I buy a Disco (V)?