Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why should I buy a Disco (V)?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2018, 01:24 AM
Rock Crawling
Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by disco5fl
Surprised to see so many suggestions for other vehicles on a LR forum. The D5 is great. Go for it.
I absolutely agree. But . . . I will also admit that, if we did not actually go off road and until someone comes out with a powerplant that has a better combination of efficiency/power than these wonderfully refined diesels, there are other vehicles in this class I would consider with a better price point. Though I have NO regrets owning my TDI Pepper before I got sick [who would?], had I been able to get a diesel Landrover back then we would likely still have it or another one if we were happy with it? But, again, it is going off road plus the refined on road drive, power, and fuel efficiency that attracts us now. Not sure those are all priorities for the OP. Room for 7 and refined ride are there just as well, perhaps even a little better, on a few other vehicles in this class as long as you are willing to give up mpgs and off road capability? Most folks don't even get them dirty it seems . . .

The D5 will certainly meet the need though.