New Member Introduction Are you new to Land Rover Forums? WELCOME! Tell us about yourself! (This section is not for technical questions)

1995 discovery wv

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 08:40 AM
Three Wheeling
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1995 discovery wv

Hey, I have been reading this forum for awhile and just figured out how to post. I am technologically challenged (lol). When I go to members list, it says I'm not authorized. I bought REDROVER in Tn. and now live in BFE and nobody wants to work on him. The dealer is 50 miles away, charges an arm and a leg, and says they don't work on landrovers that are this old. I really would appreciate being able to discuss the issues I'm having. And yes; unfortunately, this is my only transportation.

Old 11-11-2011, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator
Received 82 Likes on 79 Posts

I believe you have to make a number of posts before some things kick in. However, welcome! First thing is that you should take the time to download the set of factory shop manuals and owners manual, and save on your PC. Link is below, it is called the RAVE. They will tell you just about everything the dealer has. Next, go tour our Discovery 1 part of the forum, the first listing is the technical sticky, and in there you will find write ups, many with photos of how to do lots of common repairs. The 60K high miles new to you service list is very good.

I happen to live 10 miles from Egypt. Other than the pro techs who are members, very few of us want to go to the dealer either. Yes, they charge a lot. And the old units they feel customers won't pay those prices, so why work on them. All that aside, the D1 series is a pretty basic vehicle, stout, with lots of things to grease. Not as tempermental as some of the later ones with ten on board computers deciding how you should drive the truck. You'll want to update your signature to indicate year of truck, miles, and anything major you have dione to it; helps in getting a quick reply back. You might also store the specific year tech manuals on your truck on a USB drive, so you can share with a good indy mechanic if needed.

This forum has a great group of highly opinionated owners, mostly jovial, and widely different backgrounds. It is not hard to get an opinion on almost anything.

Old 11-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome aboard.

I see you have already had the Bobby Rahal Experience. I drank their expensive free coffee, and drooled all over the two Aston Martin DB9'S IN THE SHOWROOM BEFORE THEY RUSHED ME OUT.

I live just past Pittsburgh right off the PA Turnpike at the Monroeville exit by the other Land Rover/Bring More Wampun (BMW)/Jaguar Stealership. They are almost as bad as Boldy Rapeall.

But there is one excellent source right on the river in an old steel mill building where they disassemble and resale all the major items at a reasonable price. All Forign Imports by the 62nd Street Bridge near the Pittsburgh Zoo in Downtown Lawrenceville. I have them on speed dial. Great prices. Not a lot of early Discoveries, but usually have the major items available in their warehouse on the shelf.

PM me and I will give you my phone number. I have a 97, so it is a bit different from your 95, but a lot of things are the same. Will help you in any way I can.